We Are All Mad Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are All Mad Here

n/a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imaginary Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:31 pm

"You already altered yourself," the Master pointed out and he honestly had no idea where he stood with this Doctor. Or the other Doctor for that matter. "I made you miserable, you told me. You said I made you unhappy and I do. And I make myself unhappy and-- I'm tired now Doctor, I done fight. I don't want a balance. I'm a gambler... all or nothing."

This either worked or it didn't. Either way, he wouldn't realise it, he'd be blissfully unaware. He just wanted them both to be happy and that would never happen unless the Doctor fixed this for him. "You know the routine, I break things and you fix them. I broke myself years ago, so fix it so we can both be happy."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:37 pm

The Doctor was given pause at that. He could fix it. He could fix this to how he felt it should be. He could create a balance where the both of them could be happy. Because the two of them could easily turn around and have the best of both worlds.

"Do you trust me?" he asked softly, frowning as he gently butted their foreheads together. The same words uttered when the Doctor had created the illusion of the Valiant. "If I tell you we would both be happy...Would you trust me to do whatever it took?"
Back to top Go down
https://weareallmadhere.forumotion.com
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:40 pm

"I trust you," To an extent, of course. He had his doubts when it came to the Doctor, he had odd little ways of confusing him or throwing him off at the last minute. "Doctor? Two conditions first. We don't lose Koschei and don't make me a monster."

He would not be made some all powerful dictator that tormented everyone he cared for now. Not a chance. Resting his forehead against the Doctors, he closed his eyes and nodded. "Go on, do what you have to do. I trust you to do the right thing."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:48 pm

"Not a monster. What I promised you in the beginning." the Doctor murmured. It was harder than what he'd done to himself. Because he did need to recreate the desire for a domestic life for himself. But he also needed to make it so that he wouldn't have any problem with the Master's actions.

The second part was harder. Because he was giving the Master the same things, and then some. He wanted the Master to be able to have power and control over this place, as he'd promised time and time again, and hopefully it would keep the man content without compromising everything. They were already rulers here. They just never...Asserted it. The trick was to keep the Master's desire to hurt and torment down to a minimum.

The Doctor pulled back, gently rubbing at his head to regard the Master. The final trick? Making sure they both were fully aware of what was going on and why. He didn't want history repeating and he wanted the Master to know what he'd done. He wasn't making the Master a monster. He was clearing the path for the Master to have power and control without hurting or killing for fun.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:57 pm

It was surprising how much it took out of him to have his mind tampered with. When the Doctor was done, the Master slid down the wall of the cell and closed his eyes, letting his head loll back. If he was tired then the Doctor had to be worse. And they couldn't sleep here... could they? Well, perhaps they could.

"... Are you happier?" the Master asked finally, knowing it was too early to tell but the prospect and implied promises of what the Doctor did should of been enough, right? It was the only though in his head right now. Would they actually be happy?
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:06 pm

"No. I'm exhausted, hurting, and have dried blood on me." the Doctor deadpanned. Nobody would be happier in that situation. No matter what alterations were done. "Look. I'm going to go shower and get some sleep. You just need to let everything play out." he murmured softly

Shaking his head, he slipped out to get cleaned up, getting settled into their bed once that was done. He didn't even know how he would manage Koschei come morning. But he didn't want to cast the kid aside, proving something worked out at least somewhat. And that's all he could ever ask for.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:12 pm

The Master finally staggered towards the bedroom and dropped down, happily getting some sleep in. The Doctor had a point and he would indeed try to remain open minded and let whatever happened happen. Now was a time to just sink into it all and let whatever happen just take over him. Because that was life now.

Yawning, he rolled onto his stomach and buried his head into the pillow, happily falling asleep and resting half against the Doctor but trying his hardest to watch the damage he made. He did feel bad for attacking him but at the time he had too! By the time the morning came, the Master stubbornly reused to get up.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Unfortunately, the Doctor didn't have as good of luck to sleep in. He managed to get a rather wary Koschei off to school before hesitating. He'd already warned the child things might be changing. He slipped down to the basement, his focus on altering this place enough to allow the Master to rule. It was as if the man had been actively in charge their entire stay.

That done, the Doctor returned to the bed and got settled in, sighing softly. Right then. "I need sleep and you need to see the world." he murmured softly, even as he cuddled up close. It definitely looked different. More controlled and uniform than it had been when everybody had been freely creating and expanding. But they were still happy and well.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:22 pm

The Master yawned and wrapped an arm around the Doctor, letting him cuddle up. It felt good to have his Doctor back, not one that hated everything he built towards. He still did want that challenge, he wished the Doctor could of kept some indignation but that was too trick to ask for! So, instead, he was just going to give in and be happy.

"We'll lie in and then we'll go looking together," Maybe when they walked the dog... he assumed they could still walk the dog, right> Well, he'd find up when he could be bothered to actually get up!
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:30 pm

"Right...House is different." the Doctor cautioned. Larger. Very much like the citadel they'd had on Gallifrey with a twist to it to better reflect the Master. "Have help now." he muted. People who cleaned and cooked...Answered to the other. Everything the Master could want.

"Just a warning. Don't want you confused." the Doctor murmured softly. That's all he could really offer and hope for. He didn't want the Master getting up and losing it. With that, he very gladly settled into sleep, not wanting to be up.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:43 pm

Huh, a definite upgrade. He could bet that it probably terrified and weirded out most people now. Especially poor Koschei, he must of been so confused this morning. Well, he'd be sure to talk to him about it all. they were making one another happy--or trying anyway. The Master was determined to stick this out.

"Funny, isn't it? We started off in a hotel with a boy and a dog... now we have a massive house and we rule the whole place," which wasn't that odd but still, it was a remarkable amount of growth and time here... it was impressive!
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:48 pm

"Yes, yes. How utterly remarkable. Now sleep. I haven't been sleeping since I gave you the energy and I'm drained." the Doctor murmured pointedly. Seriously? It was a miracle that he hadn't passed out to an extent of being near comatose. It was probably due to nerves.

He was nervous of what would happen and transpire. He was nervous that the Master might get too power hungry. But the worry didn't stop him from sleeping deeply, waking a few hours later and actually feeling a bit better. He was still tired, mind, but better.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:55 pm

The Master got up eventually, his eyes only half open as he slid free of the bed and left the sleeping Doctor behind. Well, he could nap for another hour or two while the Master explored. He went all over the place, taking in the new space, the new staff and everyone around him. It was amazing.

The Master loved it, it was like the Valiant. He spoke to some of the help, playing the 'terrify so they behave' game before heading along to see how the economy of this place worked or what his job was here. He could find out somehow, right?

((Off to bed!))
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:01 pm

It wasn't hard to eventually find the Master. The Doctor took the other's hand within his own and offered a small smile. It was strange how it didn't even feel forced. Perhaps it had worked out completely. He definitely couldn't complain over it.

"So. What do you think thus far? Pretty nice, right?" the Doctor asked softly. He was worried still. He didn't want to know that something might have been wrong. He didn't want to think about having messed up.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:06 pm

"Thus far? Hmm, well, I haven't really had a proper look around but thus far? I do like it," the Master confessed as he peered around with a playful smile. He couldn't wait to have a proper look around and enjoy his new dominion. How could he not? It was brilliant!

"So, tell me Doctor, what do you want that new brat of yours?" the Master asked with an amused look, gripping the Doctors hand in his own. Well, they did make a deal a long time ago and the Doctor did all of this for him... so he was going to do something for him.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:13 pm

"Don't worry about that. It's up to you. Preferable after our trip to the cabin. If we still go. Perhaps we should reconsider that idea. Don't want you upset the new order." the Doctor murmured softly. He wasn't sure that was still an option.

Shakin his head, the Doctor simply quieted a bit, looking around. So many mixed feelings. But above it all was a forced contentment that he'd layered in. Sighing softly, he turned his head a kissed the Master's cheek. "So. Where to?"
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:26 pm

"Course can still go, we rule this place, remember?" they could do whatever they wanted and he was sure that they could go off to the cabin next weekend as plan then the weekend after, he'd make a kid who could love the Doctor as much as he wanted. Unfortunately Koschei failed to fulfil that desire.

"Where to? Hmm, wanna stroll around the neighbourhood?" Why not have a proper look around, see what there was around to have a play around with? The Master smiled and tugged the Doctor down the stairs, eager to get going.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:40 pm

The Doctor grinned softly as he followed along. "Oh! I sent somebody to fetch our pets. And the people think you've been in control since the beginning." he offered. Which meant no confusion. Just a smooth and easy transition into it.

Something that the Doctor felt would be appreciated. He hoped so, at least. "Look. I'm not tryin to overstep. I just thought it would be easier this way than taking over." he murmured softly, borderline submissive in nature with the slightest hint of challenge in his tone.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:50 pm

"Hey, you did it, like I'm actually going to complain," the Master snorted in amusement as they slowly headed out the door. The Master kicked the door shut behind him. After all they had time before the pets were located. Strolling down the pathway, he looked up at their newly recreated home. Very nice.

"Its good to be king," the Master joked with a playful laugh, giving the Doctor a kiss on the cheek before heading further along. After all, he was happy now and he could make the Doctor happy... they'd be fine.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:03 pm

The Doctor grinned softly and shrugged a bit. Why not be happy? He was comfortable and content. Even if it was worked out so that their relationship to one another was unknown. He didn't want that reflected back upon either of them. Which meant this would be interesting.

"I've made it seem as though we aren't together." the Doctor cautioned. "Or I've left that out. I didn't want something I've done to reflect on their image of you and vice versa. So the society might not realize that you're taken." he murmured. He was just giving the heads up. He didn't mind what took place from there.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:14 pm

"So you didn't bother to show that we're together?" the Master frowned deeply... what the hell was that all about? They had a kid, two pets and did pretty much everything together. He was sure dating wouldn't make them look any odder. Well, unless he was totally misunderstanding this whole thing.

"Are we... are we together?" the Master asked with a look of confusion. Last time he checked, yes. But then the Doctor did say that he made him unhappy and he had tried to lobotomise himself to get away from that. Maybe the Doctor called it off.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Alright. He should have gone more in depth. He turned and wrapped his arms around the Master's shoulders, essentially bringing the both of them to a halt. "I didn't because it was easier to alter the minds of the masses for just you." he murmured. He did it all without the energy to do it in full. He wanted the population to believe the Master had always been their leader. It was easier to not include himself in it.

"So. We're together unless you don't want us to be. Society just doesn't realize it...To them, I'm just an eccentric out of work scientist that used to be a teacher and an outsider. It was easier and required less energy." the Doctor assured softly. He meant nothing by it.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:30 pm

The Master moved closer and dropped his head against the Doctors. Well, the man was a romantic and the Master was determined to make sure he stayed and remained happy. Which meant, obviously, that he couldn't even contemplate things he might not like. No, he was just going to repress them all like a normal person... or as normal as someone like the Master could ever hope to be like.

"Never did say thank you. I'll say it better at the cabin," the Master informed the Doctor, knowing that it would be their last proper time alone, especially if they had this new kid. He had no idea how it would work out.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:42 pm

The Doctor smiled softly at that one. He couldn't help himself. The fact that the other was happy sort of played off of that. He'd made sure that he would compliment the Master. And, in turn, he'd worked it out for the Master to want domestic things such as a kid or pets.

There wasn't anything that they could complain about. "Don't worry about it. I just want us to be happy. So. Here's what you need to think about. Do you want your followers to see who they believe is the most eligible bachelor to be seen with the local oddball?" the Doctor teased.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:58 pm

"Obviously. Who doesn't love a lord and Master taking pity on the oddball and heading off in some star-crossed lovers?" he was joking, of course. They weren't in a Bronte novel, they were hardly a stunning romance of a higher up and his plucky and lowly servant. They were equals, even if the world didn't quite get that yet.

"Besides, they might get a little confused as to why I have your son with me all the time," the Master pointed out, giving the Doctor an amused look. They probably thought he was trying to steal the kid or something. Not great for his reputation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Worlds
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are All Mad Here :: Spleenmonkie-
Jump to: