We Are All Mad Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are All Mad Here

n/a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imaginary Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:04 am

The Master pocketed his for later and followed along while Marnal stuffed his safely anywhere that he could so he could avoid losing them somewhere. Thus began the rationing.

He had one gummy worm and carefully tucked the rest away into his jacket pocket. "Where are we going next?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:32 am

"Well, I was thinking about the bookstore. Harry, do you have a specific place you'd like to venture into first?" the Doctor asked lightly, offering a small smile.

He was trying to be nice and thoughtful. The Doctor didn't mind in the least. Particularly where the other was involved.
Back to top Go down
https://weareallmadhere.forumotion.com
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:19 pm

"Bookstores work for me, I could use a new book for the ride home," the Master admitted, he liked having something to keep his mind stimulated, even if it was just something like fiction.

He knew he had an academic mind that was easily bored but amusing it was so awkward.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 4:48 pm

"That's not a problem." the Doctor assured as he handed over the hard candy. It was always surprising how easy the Master took to some of his suggestions.

Particularly when compared to past experiences. "To the bookstore it is." the Doctor said lightly, taking his son's hand and heading along the way.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Marnal seemed more than happy to be lead down to the childs section so he could look at the books. The kids book had very little interested to the Doctor, they were mostly things like picture books.

"Dad, what kind of book is good?" Marnal asked with a confused expression, never before had he ever found anything for himself, book wise, and usually the Doctor helped him pick. Now when it came to the Mater, he was off in seconds to get exactly what he wanted.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 6:31 pm

The Doctor really didn't mind. He just went through and suggested things for his son to choose. Anything would be better than the same story every night.

"So. Are we good then? Or do you want something else?" the Doctor asked softly after they'd managed to weed out about six books.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:21 pm

"No, I like these," Marnal added as he stared in awe at a pop out book about a dragon. The Master was purchasing a bunch of books on alternate realities, memory loss and one book of classic literature.

Well that just seemed to be a very clear sign as to what was on the Masters mind but he seriously needed some insight. "Why don't any of Mr Saxons books have pop outs or pictures?" Marnal asked with a frown.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:31 pm

The Doctor frowned softly at the books as he shook his head. "Because you start reading other things as you get older." he informed as he paid for his son's books.

He wouldn't say anything to the Master. He didn't want a fight. Even if he didn't think it made sense to keep picking at the same issue.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Marnal held his dads hand as they left, trying to peer at Mr Saxons books like they were some great wonder. The Master exchanged a look with the Doctor before sighing, he knew the man didn't approve.

"Where next?" the Master asked, peering around the highstreet. "We could always get your boy a raincoat," the Master joked, surprised at how many clothes stores there were.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:34 pm

The Doctor would never approve. But that was just the way he was. "How about you choose a place to go now? Surely you have some ideas?" he suggested lightly.

The only other place he'd planned to see was the toy store. There wasn't all that much else unless they were interested in outdoor sports such as hunting and the like. But it led Marnal out and about to explore.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:26 am

"No, if I buy anything then Marnal will lecture me on saving money,2 the Master admitted with a shrug, they were saving for something now so there wasn't much to do really.

"Unless you fancy getting a tent and going camping, I can't think of much," it was mostly either clothes or hiking stuff, that included campsite things like tents.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:46 pm

The Doctor nodded softly at that. Right. "Then to the toy store we go and then home again." the Doctor said light as he lead the way.

They would leave early come morning, but first? He may as well let Marnal enjoy his new things. They'd no reason to be out all day long.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:17 pm

The Master watched as Marnal browsed around the toys with childish wonderment and he simply stood beside the Doctor and watch, not wanting to disturb the child.

"Are you going to get him a toy?" the Master asked as he watched the boy peer around the stuffed animal isle with great interest.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:22 pm

"I tend to buy him whatever he wants. Yes, he'll bring his savings as the like, but I never have him spend any of it unless he insists. I really just want Marnal to understand saving his money." the Doctor admitted softly, keeping a close eye on the boy.

Did he spoil his son? Perhaps.The Doctor didn't honestly care though. And why should he? He had a kid and he had the ability to care for the aforementioned lad.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:33 pm

Marnal was an odd little lad, he didn't seem much for the rough and tumble like most boys, he didn't seem that interested in puzzles, games or cars. He just seemed to like the feel of the material on the soft toys.

Perhaps it was similar to Koschei and his train love. Unexplainable but kind of endearing. "I always get Koschei's stuff, no matter what he says, he'd big on his independence."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:36 pm

"He's an odd one. With Marnal, I buy him things when he agrees to them. I try an allow him some form of independent choice in the matter." the Doctor admitted.

If his son wanted something, he'd get it. Or if Marnal wanted to buy it, then he'd allow the lad. Very rarely did the Doctor say no to something.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:41 pm

The Master turned his head to the Doctor and smiled playfully at the man. "Gonna get me a toy? I fancy either an action figure or a ball. What do you say?"

He was more just playing around but he couldn't help it. Marnal had wondered off to have a look at the outdoor toys though he had something in his hands he'd clearly want.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:43 pm

"I'm already going to get your son that 3D puzzle. If you really want a ball..." the Doctor trailed off, shooting the Master a smirk as he followed after his son.

What? He hadn't exactly kept it a secret that he was willing to buy the man things. The Doctor honestly didn't care. He liked to make others happy.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:46 pm

Th Master grinned and picked up a very cheap ball, tossing it to the Doctor while smirking playfully. "I fancy a ball, can amuse myself when I have some down time."

Marnal soon came over to his father and held up a rather scrappy looking teddy bear he'd taken a shine too. "I want this, can I please? I have my savings!"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:53 pm

With a roll of his eyes, he caught the ball, giving a small shrug as he turned his attention to his son. He had no issue with getting a ball. "If that's what you want." the Doctor assured lightly, smiling.

"Would you like me to get it for you?" the Doctor asked lightly, leading Marnal to the puzzles so that he could find what he was looking for. He knew what he wanted. The trick was in locating it.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:56 pm

"If you want to get it for me?" Marnal suggested as he gripped onto his new toy. He loved picking one up wherever they went and collecting them all with him.

The Master smirked and looked around the puzzle isle, hands in his pockets. "You know you don't have to get Koschei anything?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:03 pm

"You know that your son hates your boyfriend?" the Doctor deadpanned in turn. And really? So what if he was making an attempt at getting Koschei to like him just a little via gifts?

Picking a rather large and complicated puzzle, he nodded lightly. It would be something to keep Koschei occupied for some time. "I can get it for you." he assured Marnal with a small smile. "Did you want something else?"
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:07 pm

Marnal shook his head, after all, he was already getting a lot of books and a bear so he couldn't think to ask for anything else and if he didn't push it, he might get a puppy later.

Smiling, he took his dads hand and followed him up to the check out with obvious cheer. "Why are you buying a ball and a puzzle?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:12 pm

"Because Mr. Saxon wanted a ball and I wanted to buy Koschei something." the Doctor said softly. It was all that simple. He wanted to get Koschei something for a reason that he couldn't quite explain.

Nevertheless, he paid for the items and led the way back to the car. "So. Let's head back to the cabin and you can play with your new toy." the Doctor said lightly, offering a small smile.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:22 pm

"He's for night-time only, he'll keep the monsters out," Marnal declared as he held his new toy with him. "And if everyone disappears then I won't be stuck all alone."

Yep, he was still worried about that but who could blame him? The Master sighed and snagged his ball from the Doctor, playing around with it in his hand. "We should head back."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Worlds
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next