We Are All Mad Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are All Mad Here

n/a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imaginary Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:12 pm

"Sure, we'll order in," the Master picked up the phone and ordered their usual, not really wanting to disturb Koschei now he was finally content and relax. Sure, at this rate, he'd probably fall asleep after dinner but an early night might be good for him.

He continued to read to Koschei, ruffling the kids hair every now and again to try and cheer him up. He knew his son was sad and like all good fathers, he humoured the boy and comforted him.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:26 pm

It wasn't exactly easy for Koschei to stay awake. He was admittedly drained. And how could he not be? He'd just lost the few things he actually cared for. Yes, he'd brought it upon himself, but still.

He was just nodding off when a knock upon the door signaled their meal. Well. So much for sleeping now. Koschei say up properly and gave a small shake of his head. Right. Needed to be awake to eat.
Back to top Go down
https://weareallmadhere.forumotion.com
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:30 pm

The Master put the TV on and cut up dinner, bring a plate to Koschei before dropping down beside him with his feet on the coffee table, eating his own slice. He was feeling decidedly shattered himself so he didn't feel like getting the table set.

This was a rather odd set up for him, he felt almost like he was meant to be doing something else. It was a linger thought that was swiftly replaced with one hell of a pounding in his head but it didn't make the idea go away. He knew he belonged with Koschei but he just wished he had something more in his life.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:50 pm

It really didn't take Koschei too long to finish eating himself. "'M gonna go to my room." he informed softly, standing up and heading that way. What else did the Master expect from him? He wasn't exactly feeling social.

And he did fall asleep not long after that. How could he not? He was tired on a good day. This was far from a good day for him. Particularly now that he was worried over what school he was going to.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:04 pm

The Master didn't expect the boy t stick around, he just left him be and got to work trying to find another school while Sigma crawled over to him and fell asleep against his Master rather contently.

The Master could only find two possible choice and that was. The Master got fed up eventually and, finding himself unable to sleep, just started fiddling around with things in the spare room. Mostly trying to fix their formerly broken computer. Just something to do.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:10 pm

Koschei woke early the next morning and slipped out, easily locating the Master. He eyed Sigma a bit before frowning lightly. "Can I get a cat?" he asked softly. He doubted it. He didn't thing the dog would like that.

But that didn't mean he couldn't ask. "Or a rat? I want a pet for me." Koschei murmured. Because the beagle was most definitely the Master's dog. There was no way getting around that.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:16 pm

"Cat might be a problem, Sigma might not get on with it and visa versa," the Master remarked as he finished screwing the screen back onto the computer he was fixing. The TV was still playing the same cartoon channel as last night... the Master clearly had a childish sense of enjoyment but he always watched cartoons.

"A rat sounds good though, I like rats. Tell you what, I'll make a deal with you. I'll get you a rat today and I'll pay for a nice cage and all it's food and even get it some climbing toys... but you have to come along with me to Mr Smiths so we can just check in on them and make sure everything is all sorted," they started this and they just had to finish it. Which was basically damage control now.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Oh. Oh he didn't like that. At all. Growling softly, Koschei glared before finally relenting. He wanted a rat and he was going to get one. Even if it meant putting up with them for a bit. Just long enough to see that things were alright.

"Fine. I'll go. An' then I get my pet." Koschei agreed slowly. And that would be that. Nothin more or less was expected. Right? Right. "Only to check in though! Not staying." he added firmly.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:21 pm

"Fine, we won't stay," the Master assured as he finished up and booted it. Ah-ha, it was finally work, well worth his work tonight. getting to his feet, he headed over to the kitchen to get some breakfast read.

"Now stop sulking and when you get there, you be nice and don't be mean to his kid. I know he's odd but hey, at least he's friendly," which admittedly was an annoying thing but he was trying to big the boy up!
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Koschei sighed softly and nodded to show he understood. Didn't mean he was happy about it. But he wasn't complaining. Not when he was getting something out of it. And who said that positive reinforcement didn't work?

"An' then to the pet store. 'Cause I want a rat. A white one! An' I can play with it an' everything." Koschei chirped. It wouldn't be a good thing if Sigma ate the new creature. He was already getting attached and it wasn't even there yet.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:41 pm

"Just try not to lose the poor thing, Sigma might catch him. But Sigma is good with other pets, I'm sure he'll be all right," the Master poured some milk into Koschei's cereal and passed it over to the boy before doing his own

Idly picking through his cereal, he sighed and relaxed against the cupboard. "Got a name in mind for this rat?" the Master asked, more than happy to encourage the kid somewhat playfully in his excitement.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Koschei picked at his own cereal and shrugged a bit. He had a name. It was just slightly pathetic. But he missed his friend and so what? He liked that name. "Doesn't need a name." he mumbled.

Which was his way of calmly stating he didn't want to talk about it. Period. The Master would just have to put up with that and accept it. Because Koschei wasn't about to try and budge.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:05 pm

"Oh all right," He was no idiot, he got that Koschei didn't want to talk about the name which meant it was something especial... probably Epsilon or something like that. Either way, he didn't push. He just cleaned off his now empty bowl and did the same with Koschei's when he finally finished up. Making sure they were out away, the Master went to get ready.

"Get changed and get your shoes on, we'll set off shortly," the Master promised as he dashed upstairs to take a shower and get changed. They had to face Smith first before they got their new pet.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:10 pm

(Gotta go soon.)

Koschei nodded slowly and headed to do just that. He really wasn't looking forward to the idea of dealing with his former teacher. What child would be? Kids didn't care for teachers and he never liked the Doctor anyway.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:18 pm

The Master waited downstairs for the kid to catch up while he slipped on his shoes. Once the boy came downstairs, he tossed Sigma treat and left him to it before ushering them all outside. The drive wasn't long, fortunately, and parking outside was pretty easy.

Slipping outside, he waited for Koschei to catch up before knocking the door. "Just one last time, Koschei. Please don't attack the kid," What? ... Worth a reminder.

((Okay <3))
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Koschei's exression gave away that he was far from impressed. How could he be? He didn't mean to attach people. They just upset him. Therefor they deserved it. Period. At least that's the story he was going to stick with.

The Doctor opened the door a second after the other knocked, blinking owlishly. Huh. "Hello. I was actually just on my way out to check on the progress of the whole lab thing with Marnal. Can I help you with something?" he asked lightly.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:26 pm

"Hey, just stopping by to see how things are," the Master remarked before shrugging somewhat, he felt a bit daft now, having come all this way to check in on someone he barely knew. Looking down, he noticed Marnal was there. He was holding onto the Doctors leg with a small curious frown on his face.

"I see you got your boy back, that's good. And I take it the business is going well as well? Great," it was great, really. They'd sorted all of this out together, he was very proud of Kosch.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 10:43 pm

"Honestly? It was never an issue that it wouldn't be good. Money isn't really a problem. I just like to teach and prefer to set an example that you should work for what you want. Actually have a small fortune." the Doctor murmured sheepishly. Which was why he'd been so willing to resign. Showed who the Tardis favored.

"Anyway, like I said, I'm heading there right now...You said that you like science, right? You're welcome to come along with to see the place." the Doctor offered as an afterthought. What? He was lonely. And it was somewhat nice to meet somebody that seemed interested enough to at least talk to him without knowing about his money.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:35 am

Clearly the Doctor was going to be fine no matter what, unlike the Master, who was now struggling and living beyond his means. He wasn't even sure he could afford a rat or the food he'd have to buy every week and yet he was doing it anyway.

"I would like to but I have to take Koschei to the pet store, I'm getting him a rat. And then I have to research and visit some school and find a part-time job," the Master listed off, he didn't exactly have free time to look around a lab. "But I'm glad to see all is well."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:14 am

Oh...Well. "I think that you should come with to the lab and check it out so far. I'm lookin for people to work and...Well. Can't really offer the ray solution. Unless you want one that glows in the dark that is." he said softly.

And that was just the Doctor. He helped people. Well. He helped people until they crossed him. Then it was an entirely different scenario. The point being that he could easily solve a good chunk of the Master's problems.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:19 am

The Master winced because he'd made a deal and backing out of a promise was a bad idea. Somehow he'd had to talk the boy into going to a lab and behaving. Getting Verica to babysit was cruel right now so he was lacking in options.

Looking down at Koschei, he raised an eyebrow. "Depends on Koschei. I did promise we could go get a rat. I might have to reschedules," the Master remarked, as much as he loathed having to search for a job and work under someone like Smith, he didn't have many options.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:33 am

Koschei just glared. But there was something tempting about a rat that could glow in the dark. The damn man knew what he was doing. "We can go...I want one of those rats." he said softly. It was unique and just his.

"I have some to spare. Look. I you like the place, you can run one of the departments. If you don't, well, no hard feelings. But the offer is there." the Doctor said lightly, locking his door and stepping out properly, closing it behind himself and Marnal.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:39 am

Oh great, a glow in the dark rat. Just what every house needed. Giving Koschei a small shrug, he turned his head to the Doctor and nodded. "If you insist then lead the way."

The Master wasn't sure how, exactly, they were going about all of this. He just knew that it was a good idea in his mind at least. Adjusting his jacket, he made sure Koschei was but his side. "Want us to drive behind you or can we walk it?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:59 am

"Drive behind would be best. Trust me. That way you can get a feel of the directions as well as not worry about walking home with a rat." the Doctor said lightly as he headed to his car. This was going to work out just fine.

Glancing to his father, Koschei raised an eyebrow. "Are you gonna work with him?" he asked scepticallt. Because that wasn't acceptable. He'd give up a decent school and the like to avoid that one.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:08 am

"Don't know but since your little stunt has put me in debt with that stupid school, I may have to," the Master reminded him, it wasn't fair on either of them but at least Koschei wouldn't end up working 60 hours a bloody week.

"I don't like work, I never have but if this guy is offering me a higher up job where I won't have to do what someone tells me every five minutes? I'm taking it," the Master remarked, he never did do well when he was working by orders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Worlds
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next