We Are All Mad Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are All Mad Here

n/a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imaginary Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:26 pm

Koschei sighed softly and shrugged. No. He wasn't happy with that one. "Fine. I don't like him." Koschei growled softly. And he didn't. There was simply no getting around that fact. But if there wasn't a choice, then there wash a choice.

At leas the Master had one thing goin for him. The Doctor was basically pffering to overpay and underwork the man. Something right up the other's alley.
Back to top Go down
https://weareallmadhere.forumotion.com
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:40 pm

"I don't care, you're going to play nice to him and his son to get that glow in the dark rat," the Master pointed out with a stubborn expression, there was no way that he was going let the kid be a brat today.

Pulling up outside the rather nice looking lab, the Master raised an eyebrow before turning his head to Koschei with a frown of uncertainty. "Do you think it's odd that he's offering me a job without seeing any qualifications?" ... Maybe it was a secret drug lab?
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:55 pm

Koschei just gave the other a dull stare. Really? "Have to play nice for a rat. Remember?" Koschei shot back as he slipped out of the car. Well. The Master really should have seen that one coming. Because he was a brat.

"So. This is it. Better onthe inside and all of that." the Doctor stated lightly with a grin, absently carrying Marnal as he led the one inside. And it was a nice building, people moving about and setting up final things in various areas sectioned off with glass.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:16 pm

The Master looked around with vague interest, holding Koschei's hand to prevent the boy from hurting himself. It would be far from the first time, that was for sure. He just had to keep an eye on him.

"It's a nice place," the Master offered with a small shrug of his shoulders. He was just trying to play it down a bit. Marnal, on the other hand, seemed completely taken with it. He was holding his hand out, trying to grab whatever he could.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:23 pm

The Doctor calmly kept Marnal from touching things as he went to the proper room. One of the few not with glass. "I wanted a lab. I'm rather fond of science myself. Oh, these are the rats." he added, looking through before gently picking one out to hand over to Koschei.

"See the dot on its ear? That's a marker for the color it glows. This one's blue." he said lightly, looking to the master curiously. "So. You're welcome to look around and check things out. Just let me know if you make up your mind on the job or not." the Doctor stated with a small shrug.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:31 pm

"I'm going to say I want the job simply because I'm near broke and in debt," the Master remarked before peering around the place and smiling somewhat. "And this place looks pretty interesting admittedly. Do you need proof of my degree?"

Well, it was worth asking, he didn't want to stumble into the wrong thing. It was all about watching his back. Watching in amusement, Marnal made a grabbing gesture at the rats. "I want a rat, dad!"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:40 pm

"Marnal, you have a frog and a large cat. You don't need one. At least wait until I find the right house and we have more space." the Doctor murmured, regarding the Master and raisif an eyebrow. Oh?

"No. Paper means nothing. Either you'll have the skill and practical application, or you won't. Two weeks and, if you don't show competency, then we can discuss a different line or area of work." he said simply.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:44 pm

"Well I suppose that works. You have yourself a deal then," the Master remarked, watching with amusement as the pouting boy friend to wriggle free from his dads arms. The Doctor definitely had a lot on his hands.

"Three quick questions, if you don't mind, but when do I start, what's the pay and are children allowed?" worth an asked, it seemed like Marnal might be around, it might be useful to have Kosch here some days.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:53 pm

"should be ready to go by Monday, kids can come in so long as you feel you can watch them, and how much do you want? Seriously. You'll be overseeing a department for me. Making proposals, overseeing work and studies, inventory taking for your department..." the Doctor trailed off, figuring he'd made his point.

But he was honestly curious. Not to mention trying to help. "I assure you that this isn't a scam, trick, or anything else. I told you that I don't need to worry about money and this place will start to make its own revenue soon enough. So long as the price is reasonable, and you can back up your request with your skill, then it's fine."
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:37 pm

"Sounds... great. Erm, I don't know, one that would help me pay off my debate at that academy but still manage to break even somehow?" Worth a try, he needed a fair bit to break even these days and even pay for rat stuff.

"Well, I can control Koschei but I may need to bring him here after school. Or before. I'm going to need a lot of hours and I still have to help out Verica," he made good money in repairs but to be honest, he was starting to struggle with business.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:41 pm

"I'll do you one better. Work three to five nights when you aren't busy with your other job, you can hire an assistant, and why don't I just write you a check for the academy?" the Doctor asked, actually quite puzzled. Why not?

"I mean...I'm no trying to say that you can't manage it. But you're going to overwork yourself otherwise and it's not too much of a bother." the Doctor dismissed. What? He liked to help people!
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:46 pm

"I-- I can handle my finance myself," the Master asserted because he;d rather overwork himself than accept help. His stupid pride stopped him from taking what he really needed but that was just him.

"I'll work for you but ... however much you can pay me is fine. I don't like accepting money," the Master insisted, he really didn't. What example would it set to his boy?
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:48 am

The Doctor frowned softly at that one and shook his head softly. "Look. You're the first person that didn't flip out and start making requests when I said that I have money. You're also the first person to actually resist taking it. Not to mention bothering with menwithout knowing." he said softly.

"Come on. It's not proper to have an employee in debt with your former job. It's not too much. And it's nothing too hard. If it's such an issue, then we can find a way that you can repay it." the Doctor said softly. He just wanted to help.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:19 am

The Master shrugged his shoulders, he didn't want to take the money, he really didn't... but what choice did he have? Not much of one, admittedly. All he had was what little in his savings jar and he had loads to pay off. He had no choice.

"Done. But for the record, I wouldn't take your help if my son didn't keep burning a hole through my wallet," the Master mused, sighing somewhat and looking to the side in dismay.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:48 pm

"That's what kids do. You'd be surprised with how expensive they can become. But no matter. I'll write you a check. Really. It's fine." the Doctor assured lightly. And that would be that. He had no problem with giving money to certain people.

"Things will work themselves out well enough. Kids tend to be worth their cost." the Doctor murmured ith a small shrug as he sat Marnal down carefully. He didn't need the kid running about, but his arms were getting tired.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:01 pm

Marnal seemed happy to get onto his feet and have a wander around the areas he could without straying too far. The kid seemed endlessly curious, the Master rolled his eyes. Luckily Koschei wasn't the most active kid.

The Master turned his head and frowned. Where'd Koschei go? He probably should of kept more of an eye on him. "Koschei, come back here and stick close."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:20 pm

The Doctor sighed softly and shrugged, pulling out his checkbook and writing down a rather random amount. Eh. He knew it would cover it. "Here. That should help a bit. Just relax. It's fine. Now let's go find your kid." he said softly.

A thing easier said than done. Because Koschei was wandering about calmly, gently holding his rat close to him. He didn't want to lose the critter. But he was honestly curious about his new surroundings.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Marnal grabbed his fathers hand as he followed along after the Master, who was looking around for wherever Koschei had wondered off to. Frowning, the boy looked up at his dad. "Is Koschei coming to play here now instead of school?"

Leaving the father and son be, the Master shoved the check in his pocket and tapped Koschei playfully on the top of his head. "There you are, don't wander around here. It's a lab, it's dangerous."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:41 pm

"No, Marnal. But he will be here on occasion. But he won't be here to play with you. He's going to be here because his father will be working." he murmured softly. And that was all there was to it. Because Koschei might not like that too much.

"Sorry." Koschei murmured softly, regarding the Master with a small frown. "I wanted to see." he murmured softly. Couldn't help himself. He was a naturally curious lad. Which meant that he honestly wanted to wander about.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:20 pm

"Tell you what, Koschei, my first day here and we can go on a tour together? But right now, I should get you back," Offering a smile, he placed his hand on the boys back and guided him along.

Offering the Doctor a small nod of his head, he watched with a raised eyebrow as the glow in the dark rats wriggled about. "Well, I need go get a cage and a wheel and stuff but -- tomorrow? Koschei'll have to come, he's not in school yet."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:45 pm

The Doctor smiled softly and shrugged a bit. "Don't worry over it. Kids aren't too much of an issue. I assure that you'll find everything you'll need to get your job done." he assured lightly. And that was it. Because he wasn't going to make this too difficult.

"By all means, go. I hope that the two of you enjoy the rat." he said sincerely. It probably wasn't something that the two of them had expected. But he didn't mind. That little experiment had already finished.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:53 pm

The Master nodded somewhat. The guy was weird, odd and left him feeling like he was talking to some mad eccentric who was strangely kind for no real reason ... but the Master didn't question it. Because it was nice and hey, maybe the guy was too.

"Koschei, say thank you for the rat and say bye," the Master prompted for the sake of good manners. It was the least he could do, wasn't it? And it wasn't like he didn't teach the lad manners.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:05 pm

Rolling his eyes, Koschei looked to the Doctor and scoffed. "Thank you. Bye." he said calmly. He might have gotten a pet, but that didn't mean that he liked the man now. No. He still hated the other. Period. Didn't change a thing.

"Can we go now? We need food and stuff." Koschei said pointedly to his father, raising an eyebrow. Eh. Why not? It wasn't all that bad of a request. He just wanted to get out of there already.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 7:59 pm

(Urgh, got no email >.< Sorry!))

"Behave, Koschei," the Master remarked, ushering the boy towards the door and waving idly at the Doctor as he got his boy outside. Heading to the car, he got in and tried to remember the root to the main road.

It was all fantastic, the job and all, he was actally rather excited to get started. He'd have to pop in tomorrow. "Koschei, you don't mind coming along with me tomorrow, yes?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:06 pm

{It's fine. I'm finishing my final project anyway.}

Koschei sighed softly and settled in his seat, gently petting his new rat. The thing was rather curious, squeaking and squirming about to see various things. "Do I have a choice?" he asked softly, cocking his head. It was worth a shot.

However..."Can I bring my rat? An' look around?" Koschei inquired rather sceptically. What? He couldn't be blamed for being rather wary in this manner. It was just him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Worlds
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next