We Are All Mad Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are All Mad Here

n/a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imaginary Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:08 pm

The Doctor calmly took care of the children, putting them to sleep and setting it up for their minds to be altered into the stories of their new lives. He calmly headed down to the Tardis once more and dug out what the fobwatches with a soft sigh. This was the dumbest thing he'd ever done.

"So. Shall we then? Before we have any second guesses." the Doctor murmured, offering one of the devices out to the Master. This wouldn't be pleasant. At all. He knew well enough that this wouldn't be the best, but he was doing it regardless.
Back to top Go down
https://weareallmadhere.forumotion.com
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:16 pm

"Do we program ourselves or do you want to go in it blind and surprise one another?" the Master asked with an amused smile, or an attempt at a smile anyway. He doubted that he could seriously let the Doctor have that sort of power over him.

"Either way... we do it now or I'm going to bottle it and leave," the Master asserted as he fumbled with his watch, not sure if he wanted to go first. No, he needed to make sure the Doctor did this. "How do we do this exactly?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:26 pm

The Doctor paused, regarding the Master before sighing softly, stepping close and kissing the man. "I love you. We'll go in blind. Just...Activate the watch and wake up somewhere else come morning. The Tardis will automatically take care of the rest." he assured, stepping back and doing just that for himself.

And she did. The Doctor awoke the following morning in a small apartment with a young kid and no recollection of his former life. He just knew that he had moved to the city to start a decent teaching position at a local academy. And it was nice. A simple six weeks to start saving up and getting into the swing of things when it landed on conference week. The one thing he didn't look forward to was simple. Science was an easy class to teach, until you had three students that were particularly trying. At least he had a chance to talk to the parents about them.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:38 pm

So things were a little jarring at first and even from the start, the Master was sure he was a headcase. Hundreds of years of being absolutely bonkers just sort of imprinted on the mind but hey, it gave him a good way to explain away all the oddness and after popping a few pills the doctors had tossed him, he was doing all right. He had his boy and his somewhat rubbish flat, a boring job of doing engineering on any broken or damaged transportation. Nothing life changing or too miserable. Definitely doing all right.

Well, as all right as a man could be when a brat like Koschei. The kid was lovely to him, it was everyone else he wasn't. Parents always rang him to complained, teachers blamed his influence on his son and all in all, he had no patiences for any of it. But parent/teacher night was not optional. He and Koschei had to go and they had to look somewhat normal. Both paced down the hallway and the Master looked down at his son as they got near the science class. "Look, Koschei, just don't insult anyone or cause any problems? Me and you just need to get in, get out and that will be that."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:45 pm

"Could just not go." Koschei muttered pointedly. Didn't help that he didn't get on well with most of his teachers. So he and Epsilon liked to cause a little mayhem, Theta tending to tag along with. It didn't help that he had a class in the afternoon, at which point one teacher in particular tended to have his own annoying brat with him. A special arrangement made as the kid had nowhere to go in the afternoons and the teacher knew what he was doing.

Speak of the devil and the like. Koschei glowered when they stepped into the proper classroom, sneering at where the Doctor had settled Marnal off to the side with a coloring book. He really didn't like the brat. "Evening, sir...Koschei. If you'll take a seat, we can get started." the Doctor prompted, motioning to the two chairs set up in front of his dead before sitting down and getting the file he had on Koschei. He just wanted to get this over with before Marnal got bored or something.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:51 pm

"Afternoon," the Master greeted as he dropped down on the chair and leaned back in the seat with a small smile on his face. Though it wasn't a friendly smile, it almost seemed condescending. Not many engineers walked around in armani but he liked to class it up a bit when he wasn't muck around with engines. "All right, go ahead. Tell me your worst. What did he do in your class?"

He had no delusions that his son was a good kid, he only behaved for him. Raising an eyebrow, the Master looked across at the boy colouring in the corner before rolling his eyes. Was a babysitter that expensive? Well, as long as Koschei hadn't tried to hurt the brat then they should be safe legally... that was all he cared about.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:59 pm

The Doctor caught the other's gaze and shook his head slowly. "My apologies for him. Not quite able to keep a sitter." he said in an almost dismissive manner. Marnal was too...Well, Marnal for people. It meant that he gave up quick enough. But no matter. They were focusing upon Koschei now. He calmly opened the file and held it out for the Master to read through, the child's various grades and transgressions carefully recorded down.

"This meeting isn't about me telling you every little issue I have with your kid while you get defensive. Children are trouble. It's natural. This is simply to discuss how to keep things from happening in the future, improving performance, and making this class easier on your child so that we can see an improvement all around by the next term." the Doctor said simply.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:04 pm

"I don't mind him," the Master dismissed though Marnal was staring at them both now and that was just a little be unnerving. What the hell was up with that kid. Looking at the Doctor, he set the file down and shrugged his shoulders. "Koschei won't be getting fantastic grades, he's got a few learning issues. However, you've found he's especially bright when it comes to practicals, correct? Oh you must of noticed it. Well, he's better with his hands."

Shrugging his shoulders, he offered Koschei a reassuring smile because he knew the kid wasn't absolutely bright academically but he was a maverick at puzzles and building. A very creative boy. "But regardless, anything you think you can impart on me about my boy will be useful. So go ahead and woah me."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:17 pm

The Doctor sighed softly at that one. "Actually, I find most of the trouble lies in him being with a couple of other students. It's generally easier to focus on grades when those are the problem, but I grade mostly on the practical work over the academic." he assured softly, shrugging.

"And this is where things become difficult for me. Because I don't know all of Koschei's specific needs and whatnot. But, as it stands, I would suggest a different class for him. Either altering his schedule so that he in at a different time, or adding to his schedule so that he takes an afternoon or evening class to make up what he's missing in my class. Because he's failing on the practical side. He's too busy getting into trouble and the like." the Doctor stated simply.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:25 pm

The Master raised an eyebrow before looking down at Koschei. Really? He was failing practical as well. Oh for the love of-- Putting his head in his hand, he exhaled in annoyance. "Ah-ha, let me guess... Epsilon would be one? And Theta would be another."

Those bloody kids. And he couldn't just edit his schedule for work to pick the kid up later because of his afternoon classes. "He can't stay late after school, I pick him up on the way home to save petrol... but, okay, move him from the class. He has it coming," the Master informed the other man with a small nod. His son wasn't going to prat around all lesson and not face consequence. "Look, he and Epsilon are hard to separate so this is all on you but I back your decision."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:31 pm

"Trust me when I say that I'm aware." the Doctor said simply, shrugging. "You'll need to sign off on whatever you want to do. Also, before making a decision, he could do a later program. There's a program set up for difficult schedules and students seeking or needing extra help." he said softly, pulling out the papers he would need and a flier on the program he was talking about.

All of which he handed over. "The school has transportation for the students who qualify for the program which, based on everything, Koschei does. You wouldn't need to worry about that." the Doctor informed softly. It was also the best he would recommend as it would be more of a one on one teaching scenario. That, and he wouldn't have to do it. Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:38 pm

"You know what? Whatever one works for you," the Master scribbled his signature on the papers without actually reading them because hell, what was an educator going to do. Getting to his feet, he wiped his hands on his shoulders and looked around the room. "We're done, right? I have to get Koschei home and have a bit of a yell at him."

Shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly, he turned his head to see Marnal still staring at him. Rassilon, no wonder he had no luck with babysitters. "Not to be rude, Mr... whatever your surname is, but perhaps you should teach your kid not to stare. I imagine if he did that to a babysitter all night, they'd never come back."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:43 pm

The Doctor sighed softly at that and stood, looking to Marnal with a bit of a frown. "Smith and my apologies. He's a bit...Lacking in social skills." he murmured, running a hand through his hair. How many conversations like that had he already had with the child? It just didn't work.

"It's not nice to stare Marnal." the Doctor chided lightly, though there was a definite lack of heat. He was just glad the kid wasn't running around like a maniac and whatnot. "I'm going to suggest the evening program for him then. And it was a pleasure meeting you." he said softly, offering a small smile. What? He had a right to be a bit off after telling somebody their son was going to fail.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:47 pm

"Well, all right then, just be sure to not fry my boys brain, he gets lazy in the afternoons," the Master remarked as he nodded in the other mans direction and shoved his hands in the pockets. "I'm sure you know my name, you have a file on us. Well, on behalf of the Saxon household, we thank you for your assistance."

Smirking, he nodded his head somewhat and waved at Marnal, who waved back with a bright smile. Being at work with his dad was boring, people watching just sort of got him through the day. It was a shame none of the kids wanted to colour with him.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:53 pm

Koschei just glared at his teacher, scoffing a bit. Former teacher now, wasn't it? He didn't want to lose a class with Epsilon, but it was getting out of there and that was pleasing in and of itself. Because he hated that man. he didn't know what he was capable of. To expect more than he gave was ridiculous.

"Not my fault." Koschei protested as soon as they had left the room, leaving the Doctor alone to pack up and care for Marnal. "That...That brat is distracting and he doesn't like me." he asserted. Marnal being there in the afternoons bothered him and he was near positive this was some grudge on the Doctor's part. Okay. Maybe he still had a couple of mental issues.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:58 pm

"He's a four year old, ignore him. And its not that weirdo kid, its you. It's your own fault for messing around with Epsilon, now you have to have private lessons just to catch up," Looks like someone was not going to skip ahead with Epsilon like he'd been asking. He was not humour a kid who clearly wasn't trying at all.

"Shape up Koschei," the Master ordered as he started up the car and took off rather swiftly. He and Koschei were in the same boat of mental instability but the Master never raised this issue in fear of one of them being pulled from the other. They could fix each other, why not? It had to be possible... right?
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:03 pm

And now he was sulking. "Epsilon is more interesting. I hate that class! I want my old teacher back." he pouted. He might have been one of the contributing factors for the former science teacher having quite. His bad. Still wasn't fair to be stuck with the Doctor.

"It's not fair. An' I don't wanna do the class." Koschei sulked. Because it meant that he might be stuck with the Doctor on a one on on lesson and he hated that idea. "Please don't make me deal with him."
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:08 pm

"Look, Koschei, you screwed up. Now you have to pay for it. Get used to him because he's your teacher," the Master asserted he pulled up outside their flat. It wasn't a small little thing, it was quite a nice flat, only one floor, of course, but it was surprisingly spacey.

Parking the car, he gave the boy a small smile before getting out the car. "Come on, kiddo. We have to have dinner and then you and I will do some work on your science. Maybe if we can boost your grade to a B then we'll call it quits and you can go back to class with Epsilon. How thats for a deal?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:14 pm

Koschei sighed softly and shook his head a bit. This wasn't exactly a good situation to be in. No matter. He would just request not to have the Doctor and go from there. The Master couldn't get mad if both Koschei and the Doctor got their way through the school's decision.

"Fine. B an' I can go back to class with Epsilon." Koschei conceded, stepping out and following along to their flat. The Master probably wouldn't be happy if it seemed as though the Doctor was just pawning him off onto another. Koschei just didn't care.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:23 pm

"Also if for some mysterious reason the Doctor can't teach you, I will blame you," the Master asserted because yes, he knew Koschei like the back of his hand and somehow things managed to conveniently go his way when it came to teachers. From them dropping his classes to quitting their jobs. The Master rubbed at his temples before sighing.

"Okay, I'll make dinner and you can hit the books," the Master suggested as he wanted into the kitchen to get something prepared. The biggest problem the Master had was that he'd forgotten just how much he'd tormented, tortured and mocked that TARDIS. And when it was in charge of his destiny in a fobwatch, it took one of his more ill-fated wishes from earlier. The Master had a faint pounding in his head and had since he'd woken up. A pathetic echo of his drums was the main source of his headaches lately.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:29 pm

"But...That isn't fair! He can't teach in evenings! He has a kid." Koschei protested as he followed along. Yeah, that would work out well. He had Marnal to deal with already. It wasn't exactly possibly fo the man to spend his evenings teaching Koschei. It wasn't fair to either of them.

Sitting at the kitchen table, he gave a bit of a pout and sighed. "I want a different teacher. I don't like him." Koschei said firmly. He hated the man. Why shouldn't he be allowed to have a different teacher?
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:33 pm

"Don't care, he offered to help and you need the help. You're both in this together," the Master explained as he put some pasta into the boiling water and turned to Koschei with a small sigh. Maybe he should be there to make sure Koschei was okay on his first lesson but he was making the boy stick it out and deal with his lousy decision to goof around.

"Koschei, come on, just do the work and don't sulk. Its science for 7 year olds, that's like... 3rd year science? All you have to know is the raw basics and then make some runner beans in your practical. Very easy," the Master dismissed because it was hardly like he had to study for high level science diplomas. "Just read through your book, please?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:42 pm

"Fine. But I don't wanna learn from him. I don't like him." Koschei murmured softly with a small shake of his head. And that was that. He wouldn't push or fight any further. He would put up with the Doctor. "You don't know him." he murmured. The Master didn't know what the man was like.

Which mean that Koschei would have no support with this. He knew that he wouldn't. Didn't mean that he was happy about it all. Quite the opposite in fact. "It's not fair." he mumbled with a small shake of his head. And it really wasn't.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:54 pm

"What? No, course I don't. Few parents do. Why? Do you want me to get to know him? Because that's not happening," what was he meant to do? Invite the Doctor around for dinner with his adorable brat so they could stare at him. He hardly wanted to do that, did he? Sighing, the Master gave Koschei a small amused look.

"Look, kiddo, not every parent knows their kids teacher. Welcome to the real world, I don't have to know strangers," Sighing, the Master took a seat at the table while the pasta cooked and tapped the science text book to try and focus the boy.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:20 pm

(Sorry. I fell asleep.)

Koschei positively glowered. That was his point. Sort of. "No...You don't know him. Don't make me have to learn from him. I don't like him. You wouldn't either. I can have a new teacher." he asserted firmly.

Even as he opened the book to the proper page, glaring down at the words. The Doctor really didn't ask a lot of them academic wise. Bimonthly tests and to know the reading. Everything else was lectures and pratical application.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Worlds
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next