We Are All Mad Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are All Mad Here

n/a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imaginary Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:28 pm

The MAster sighed, it was a nice plan in theory but he had to get Koschei up and somehow into the car. "I can try but its not that easy, he won't even get up. Tell you what, I'll swing by when you're awake."

Should be around 9-10ish, he could have breakfast and then he'd trick the boy into going to see the Doctor. "Look, thanks. If I do start pissing you off, just tell me though. Can't afford to lose a job, really can't."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:40 pm

"Shockingly enough, you aren't pissing me off. I'd prefer to be called after ten, but it happens." the Doctor murmured, sighing as Pest took his talking as being reason to make noise and the like for attention.

"I'll see you later. Maybe. By all means, take care of your kid first." the Doctor said lightly before hanging up to take care of his own household. Maybe he would be able to get a few more hours in.
Back to top Go down
https://weareallmadhere.forumotion.com
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Unfortunately the Masters call had trigger a chain reaction, disturbing not only the cat but a half asleep four year old who also took the talking as a sign for attention. The Master hung up just as he heard the boy call out for his dad. Whoops!

Shoving the phone in his pocket, he dashed upstairs and returned to Koschei's room and his awkward pile of sheets. He could nap for another hour or so... right? Why not?
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:55 pm

The Doctor wasn't going to be happy. Nor was the Master. Because Koschei was up now and wide awake. Didn't matter if he wasn't overly active at the moment. He sat up and gave a pathetic sniffle, regarding his dad.

"'M hungry. An' my arm hurts. An' it itches." Koschei said softly. Was probably a bad thing to scratch it though. He had a feeling that that would make it worse.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Damn. This was karma. Lifting his head up, he gave Koschei a tried look before pulling himself upright. "Right, well, just to let you know I'm working at home today so we'll have to get up to drive to work and back but you can stay in your pyjamas."

Getting to his feet, he moved closer and tried t settle the boy back down so he didn't have to get up much. "So what do you fancy for breakfast. Cereal? Toast? I could do French toast I suppose?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Koschei settled, though he wasn't exactly pleased. He couldn't be. He was tired and annoyed. Not to mention he was hurting. "'Kay...Can I have eggs?" he asked softly. Yes. He just went there.

But eggs were good and he did like them. "Or now. I can have toast." Koschei offered softly, ducking his head. He wasn't above the guilt trips either.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:16 pm

... That little bastard. He couldn't just ask for cereal. Getting to his feet, he nodded and left the room. "I'll make both," Heading into the kitchen, he made the eggs while nursing a headache and trying to wake himself up. Koschei was making him feel dreadful.

Perhaps it was stress but the pounding was doing his head in. Setting newly cooked eggs beside some toast, he hastily friend himself some french toast with what was left over and headed back upstairs. Passing the boy his breakfast, the Master simply dropped down on his makeshift bed and picked apart breakfast with a look of dismay. He wasn't hungry at all.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Regarding the Master, he gave a soft sigh. Ugh. "Are you okay? 'Cause you don't look okay. I want you to be okay." he mumbled softly. It wasn't pleasant. He didn't want the Master to be upset.

Especially while he was upset. Because this was one of those thing that Koschei was wary of. He didn't want the Master to be hurting and upset.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:43 pm

"No, I'm fine! I'm just still half asleep," the Master assured. He hated showing weakness and he hated showing it in front of his son the most. He just needed t wake himself up and get himself through today.

"Eat up, we have to get ready in about an hour," the Master remarked as he set his breakfast aside, barely touched. He just wasn't in the mood to eat, he just wanted to sort Koschei out. He hated the boy being ill.

(Off to bed)
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:04 pm

(night!)

Koschei picked at his own food slowly. He was quickly losing his appetite again. Setting aside his finished plate, he slowly got up and pu his shoes on, taking his medicine and sitting down to wait for the Master.

They didn't have to stay at the office at least. He just needed to tag along for a short period of time. Then Koschei would be back home and content once more.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 8:34 am

The Master got changed into something casual that he could sleep in whenever he got home, he didn't feel like dressing up at all. Grabbing his shoes, he headed downstairs and gestured for Koschei to follow.

Driving down to the lab, the Master stopped off first at a deli so they could pick up something for lunch later. He'd keep it in the kitchen so it didn't go off. Shoving the food in the back, he arrived at the lab at 10, hoping the Doctor would be in.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:16 am

Luckily for the Master, he was in. Well. Sort of. He was more half asleep and sort of drifting while Marnal napped away in his office. Though he did approach when the Master arrived with Koschei.

"Morning. Sorry about the call earlier." the Doctor offered. He really hadn't meant to be a bit stand offish or snippy. It just sort of happened. "I actually have something you could do at home...Are you any good at programming and how did you say that happened again?" he asked slowly, catching sight of the burn and raising an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:28 am

"Koschei made me breakfast and I think he slipped," Leaving Koschei to just stand beside him, he slipped hos hands into his pockets and nodded happily. The sooner he left, the better.

The Master just wanted to go home, relax a little, maybe take a nap while Koschei sleep. "I can do programming just fine, computers s another area I'm okay at so just give me whatever."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Really? The Doctor frowned and cocked his head, Koschei shifted to hide the burn. "Yeah, I don't think so. It's to precise. And if he had slipped, it would be larger, marking where he'd slipped. Not in a single area in the middle of his wrist in a perfectly straight line." be said softly.

Leave it to the Master to figure out what that meant. "Honestly? I have nothing on it yet and it's not even in your department. I just need a program to regulate and record symptoms in test animals for the medical department. I've never been one for computers and whatnot. Much prefer biological things. " the Doctor admitted.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 3:26 pm

The Master frowned before slowly turning his head to Koschei. Was the Doctor implying that Koschei did this on purpose? That was stupid! Why would Koschei do that?-- Well, he thought that until he saw Koschei's guilty look. Well wasn't that just fantastic, his son was so neurotic about the Doctor that he had to hurt himself over it?

"Just email me something, okay? I have to go," Gesturing for Koschei to follow, he headed swiftly out of the place. He didn't care how rude it was, he was having just a bit of a crisis here.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 3:39 pm

It was a good thing the Doctor didn't know he was the reasoning behind the action. Otherwise he'd have felt worse. Not to mention that he would probably try and cover any and all medical expenses. Instead, he watched the two go before heading to send the email.

Koschei followed along silently, frowning. Great. Now he was going to be in trouble. He was pretty sure dealing with the aftershock and the medication should be punishment enough. Not like he'd ever try that one again.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 3:45 pm

"Koschei, you did that to yourself? You didn't want to be at work with the doctor nearby that much that you burnt your own hand?" the Master asked bluntly once they were in the car, looking like he wasn't sure how to react to any of this. It was unsettling.

"You could of just said... I could of paid the extra money and gotten you a babysitter to torment and drive away," the Master ground out, he could of ... it might of been an expensive he would struggle with but it was better than him being hurt.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 7:03 pm

"I don't want you with him. I don't like it. An' you said a burn would keep you home with me." Koschei said softly. And that was really all there was to it. He wanted the Master to himself.

It was a normal kid thing. Children didn't like sharing their parents. Especially when they didn't like the other person or they were use to a one on one relationship with a single parent.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 7:06 pm

"Right, yeah, but I meant accidentally and-- Oh Koschei, you daft boy," Right, the two of them needed a talk. Setting off home, the Master held his tongue for most of the ride. He was determined not to lose his temper-- even if he really had to fight it.

As they pulled up outside the house, the Master grabbed their lunch from the back and sighed somewhat. "Okay, lets go to my room. We can lay on the bed, have lunch and I want to talk too you. Okay?" It was best to do this informally.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 8:07 pm

"I didn't break a bone." Koschei offered softly before falling silent for the rest of the ride. He had made sure to go the lesser of the two. He just didn't want to share. He didn't trust the Doctor.

The man was too nice. Too...Something. And Koschei hated it. Nodding softly, he followed along with the Master, sitting upon the other's bed and kicking his feet softly. Right. Now he was in trouble.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 8:14 pm

"Look, I'm going to be blunt here. I'm going to work for the Doctor and you just have to deal with it. Got it? Now, I'm not saying I like the man or that I want to be around him, cause I don't. I don't even want to work... but, well, that's life. And I just want to be able to pay my bills," the Master explained with a stern expression before tugging apart his sandwich and shoving some in his mouth.

"But I'm sorry you were that upset. I wish you could of told me. But never ever should you hurt yourself on purpose. Promise me and mean it?" the Master asked, just wanting him not to get hurt.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Koschei ducked his head slightly and nodded to show he understood. And he did. "Still. I don't like him. He gives you things and..." he just shrugged. The Doctor seemed too interested in the Master for his tastes.

"But I won't hurt myself on purpose." Koschei offered softly. He could promise that. He couldn't promise not to be mean. Though it helped hearing the Master wasn't interested.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 8:53 pm

"Hey, he is a weirdo but be nice, he paid off our debt and I don't care that much as long as I can function," Settling on the bed, he tossed his empty wrapper away and gave Koschei a half smile. At least he was trying to improve himself.

"I know you hate it but next week you start school so you won't have to see him for a while. I doubt I can make it in this week, not in your state," the boy may have done it to himself but the Master just had to be there for Koschei. He didn't know why, he just did.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:05 pm

Koschei finished his own meal before inching his way up to cuddle against the Master. Or would seem he got away with it. Shocking. But he wasn't going to complain or bring attention to the fact.

"Why be nice? I don't like him. He's strange an' he shouldn't bother you." Koschei murmured firmly. He didn't like that in the least bit.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:10 pm

"He's my boss, he's not a stranger and you will be nice and respectful when you do see him. You don't have to like him but you do have to respect your elders," the Master demanded as he left the kid to cuddle up all he liked, the Master didn't mind.

Frankly, any excuse for him to sleep was perfect. "Just ... be nice. It's not hard, its just not fun."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Worlds
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next