We Are All Mad Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are All Mad Here

n/a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imaginary Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:32 pm

"I like Verica. I can be nice to her. Work for her!" Koschei asserted firmly. The man was doing just fine. The debt was gone now, so why work for the Doctor? That wasn't right in the least.

"You don't need to work for him." Koschei murmured softly. It really wouldn't be long before he was out. The lack of fire in his tone was proof enough of that one.
Back to top Go down
https://weareallmadhere.forumotion.com
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:40 pm

"Cause he's paying a higher wage with better working hours which are far more flexible. Plus he's weirdly nice - why can't I exploit that?2 the Master muttered, knowing he'd regret that one day but thats why he was still there.

The man was oddly kind of shared money, he was going to suss would any catches, take whatever he could then leave before it can come back on him. He didn't believe in nice people, it was a stupid concept. Closing his eyes, he was asleep in moments.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Koschei couldn't place his finger on it, but he had a sinking feeling that that wasn't the way this was going to end. He would drop it though. For now. Maybe he could get something out of this himself.

It wasn't long before he drifted off himself. He was tired. When he woke next, it was later into the evening and he was feeling rather hungry. And just a little nauseous. Never a good feeling for him.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:59 pm

The Master wanted to sleep longer but with the fidgetting, he pulled himself upright and gave the boy a sideways look. Really? He was shattered and Koschei wanted to get up. He didn't know why he was so tired, maybe it was just the rubbish night he had last night.

"Let me guess, dinner? I suppose I do have work," Pulling himself upright, he grabbed his laptop before letting Koschei sort his head out a bit. "What are you hungry for?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:10 pm

"I dunno. Soup." Koschei suggested softly. It was light and easy. Not to mention that it was quick. He got up and absently ruffled Sigma's fur, offering a small smile.

This was nice. Just the two of them. Period. They didn't need another. "So...If 'm nice, can I get somethin' from him to?" Koschei asked softly. At least he was asking first.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:21 pm

"Soup it is," Thank God he wanted something easy. Putting some soup on the hob, he absently stirred, turning his head to Koschei with an amused smile. Was that really how the kid thought it worked?... then again, it was possible with that guy.

"I dunno, not sure, doubt it. I mean, I can't say for certain but I don't think so. I mean, he already gave you a rat," that was enough, surely. Besides, they had to be careful when exploiting him.

((Off to bed))
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:43 pm

(Night!)

Koschei was kind enough to settle out of the way at the table, shrugging lightly. "He gave you a check. He gave you a job. I can get more." he said simply, shrugging. He would play nice and get what he wanted. Easy.

Shifting, he regarded the Master. "He's kinda naive." Koschei pointed out. And really? If Koschei noticed that, then it must be rather obvious.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:51 am

"Because if we both start asking for things, he will get suspicious. And besides, there might be a catch. What if he wants me to eventually pay him back?" the Master pointed out, nothing could be ruled out.

Pouring the soup into two bowls, he took a seat opposite Koschei and sighed. He just needed a job that had good money. Money meant power and that was something he was in dire need of. "Just trust me, okay?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:14 pm

"What if there isn't a catch?" Koschei asked slowly. What? It was possible. The Doctor hadn't brought up the money again. The man might not ever. And wasn't that unsettling? The man could keep them all on edge for some time.

Because the Doctor was nice. The man didn't expect something back. Koschei picked at his food contently, regarding the Master a bit. "I still don't like him." he murmured softly with a bit of a frown.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:28 pm

"It's impossible, no one is that nice. Not a Time Lord especially. It's not in our nature, its not in any creatures nature. Even the best of the best that brag their goodness turn out to be horrible people inside," the Master didn't buy it, he knew there had to be a catch.

He didn't know why, he didn't understand either, but something in the back of his head just screamed at him that the Doctor was capable of something more than he believed. "Like I said, you don't have to like him, you just have to be nice."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Koschei sighed softly and shrugged. "Suppose. Don't wanna be nice though. I will, but I won't like it." he murmured firmly. He wasn't going to be happy with this. How could he be? He hated the Doctor.

He didn't even have a rational reason to. He just did. The Doctor had been an issue for him since the very beginning. Koschei sighed and pushed his finished bowl away, giving a bit of a pout.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:51 pm

"Don't sulk, Koschei. It's unbecoming of you," the Master joked, clearly not phased. Hey, he was enjoying his soup. If Koschei wanted to get rid of his to mope then fine, he just went without the rest of his soup.

"Now, I need to get some work done. You'll have to amuse yourself for a bit, maybe play with Sigma or your rat?" the Master suggested as he stirred the soup around. He had a lot of work to get through yet.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:05 pm

"Arm hurts. 'M allowed to mope." he murmured softly. And that was that. He was allowed to sulk. Didn't matter that he did it to himself. He was seven. Kids didn't comprehend that sort of long term thing.

Shaking his head as he stood, Koschei shrugged. "I can play with my rat." he assured firmly, heading to do just that. What? He would play a bit with his pet and eventually drift off again. No fussig there.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:18 pm

"Go play, just make sure that you put the rat away, promise?" the Master sighed and headed out of the kitchen, putting his and Koschei's dirty bowl aside as he did so. He'd wash them later... probably.

"And be good while you're up there," the Master called out, grabbing his laptop and opening it up. The work was boring ... and that was an understatement. Programming was never something he enjoyed but at least he got paid.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:27 pm

The Doctor was probably going to pay extra in exchange for working outside of the other's actual department. Then again, he might be over paying normally. They never did settle upon an actual price.

Koschei was kind enough to leave the Master alone for the rest of the evening, oy bothering the man come morning. "Dad...Dad...Dad...Verica called...Dad..." he said slowly, poking the man.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:34 pm

He couldn't remember a morning now where Koschei hadn't woken him for something. Groaning, he pulled himself upright and winced at the uncomfortable feeling in his neck. Ouch indeed.

"Right, right, I'm up-- erm, Verica? Right... Yeah, probably should answer that," Heading to the phone, a half asleep Master picked up the phone and sighed. Was she still on the line? "Hello?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:43 pm

Koschei followed along, honestly somewhat curious. It wasn't often that Verica called them. Considering the Master's new job? Well. Koschei just wanted to see what would play out.

Because Verica wasn't exactly happy. Not that she'd let onto that fact. "Hey. I was honestly just going over accounts and expenses and wanted to know what you were going to finish your current projects. They've been inquiring and I need a timeline." she said calmly.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:47 pm

Oh damn. He forgot about this. "Oh no... I'm such a jerk. Okay, so, don't hate me but I found a new job," the Master admitted, rubbing at his eyes and giving Koschei a small frown. Couldn't he go away. "Shorter hours, better pay, I kind of need it. I had debt at that school beyond all reason and I'm still struggling now it's been paid off."

He had to pay for all the rat stuff yet, he shouldn't of put it on a credit card, he was dreading the bill. "But I'm going to finish all the projects, I can get them all done by the end of the week. It's just Koschei got badly hurt and I was at home with him and-- and you're pissed off, aren't you Verica?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:52 pm

"Well, as an employer, I'm not pleased. There's such a thing as notice and commitments and responsibility. Not leaving a person stuck and scrambling to get things done and having to find another to come around and whatnot." she said slowly.

However..."As a friend, I say good for you. Sorry I couldn't pay you more or give you better hours. I can work something out with your current accounts. Don't worry about that. Just get Koschei taken care of." Verica assured.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:54 pm

"Let me finish those last accounts? I could really use the money and you could probably use me," the Master remarked, he never turned up the chance to finish a job and he was sure he could get it sorted by the end of the week.

"Koschei starts his new school monday, I'm sure I can get to work them... well, after work. But I'll sort something," the Master promised, maybe this was an insane thing to promise. It would mean working one place then another and somehow getting back home at a reasonable time... and what about Kosch?
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:08 pm

"I'm sorry. But think this one through logically. Your son needs you. He needs to be fed and at home decently. He needs you to take care of him. You need to take care of yourself. You work your new job and take that check." Verica said firmly.

She wouldn't have the Master running himself down. "Just...Stop. You don't need to worry about it. Come by Monday morning and I'll cut you a final paycheck. I'll take care of the final accounts and whatnot." Verica stated.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:11 pm

"I still say I can do them," the Master asserted stubbornly and while he knew Verica would never see otherwise, he supposed that he could try and persuade her properly in person tomorrow. Worth a shot?

"Fine, fine, fine," the Master dismissed, rolling his eyes and he slowly exhaled. "You have a deal, I'll just see you tomorrow. I'm going to go get some breakfast for Koschei. Sorry about forgetting to tell you all of this, the week got away from me. It's been a hard one."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:17 pm

"Like I said, I understand. Just take care of Koschei and yourself. I'll see you tomorrow." Verica said softly before hanging up the phone. She wasn't going to be leaving the Master to it. Because the Master wasn't going to be finishing the projects.

Grinning softly, Koschei cocked his head to the side. "So. Can I have eggs?" he asked lightly. What? He still liked the things. Never mind the burning himself bit.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:20 pm

"Eggs? Erm, sure. Scrambled, fried, boiled or poached?" the Master asked, it usually depended on Koschei's mood and lately he seemed to be much more in the mood for a hearty breakfast. Maybe he could make from french toast, bacon and some fried eggs?

Well, even if Koschei didn't want it, he was probably going to have that for his own breakfast, he was starving. "Anything you want with it, either? I'm thinking of doing some bacon?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:27 pm

"Bacon and eggs, please. Scrambled." he chirped with a grin. Koschei was allowed to want foods like that. At least he wasn't picky with it. He couldn't help that one. And the Master most definitely got the better end of that one.

Sighing, Koschei got himself situated at the kitchen table, humming softly and he regarded the other. "I love you." he offered softly. A phrase Koschei wasn't too big on handing out to people. Even his father.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Worlds
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next