We Are All Mad Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are All Mad Here

n/a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imaginary Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Koschei stared and frowned softly. "You said that...You said I could stay with her." he pointed out slowly. And the Master had. The fact that it changed wasn't a good thing.

Because he wanted to get to know her. Period. It made no sense for the Master to have changed his mind so quickly like this.
Back to top Go down
https://weareallmadhere.forumotion.com
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:21 pm

"I said you can meet her, we'll see how it goes. Koschei, I'm your father and she is unsafe. I wouldn't leave you with a murderer all night either," the Master said, rolling his eyes as he left the room.

He could throw a temper tantrum all he liked but that would do nothing but probably make the Master shorten the time. He wanted to see what happened first before he threw his son to her and buggered off like she did. "Unlike her, I'm not looking to just unload you and walk off."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Koschei just glared. "No. You just want to make me unhappy. Let me spend time with her." he grumbled sharply. And really? Was that so much to ask for? To be with his mother a bit?

"I just want to know her. You liked her before." Koschei pointed out. The man wouldn't have had him if that wasn't the case. Right?
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:37 pm

"I never liked her Koschei! I was drunk when I met her," the Master snapped, trying his hardest to reel in his temper. This made no sense. "And that's why I left her, I broke it off. She didn't even tell me you existed, what does that say about her?"

The Maser took a deep breath and shook his head in disbelief. "I've done everything to make you happy and she did nothing. She left you Koschei. She didn't want you. She didn't even know which one you were when I rang her up,, for Rassilon sake. Yes, you can meet her but don't you dare try to make me the bad guy. That's her."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Koschei frowned softly at the one and shook his head slowly. Really? "That doesn't make sense." he mumbled softly. And it didn't. What child would honestly understand?

"You...Parents don't do that. They have kids because they love each other. They have kids 'cause they want them." Koschei said slowly. Because all he was hearing was that he wasn't wanted by either of them, even it it had changed. "Do I remind you of her?"
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:47 pm

"Well life is a bit different, sometimes adults do silly things. But they don't always have bad consequences. Why else would we do them?" the Master explained as he leaned against the door and rubbed his eyes. "I didn't know about you... I wish I had."

He knew he had issues bonding but he would of gotten over that. He was so much like him, it was hard to not love him. Yes, yes, he had ego problems. "You remind me of me when I was a boy. I don't see her because she had no input in you. You're an amazing boy and she doesn't even deserve you. But, if you insist, I won't hold you back. Just don't ever sell me short, I did everything I could for you."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:49 pm

That wasn't helping. Not really. "So...She hates me." Koschei said simply. "Is it 'cause I remind her of you?" he asked simply, crossing his arms. Had to be a reason somewhere here.

Or maybe that wasn't the case anymore. Hopefully. He could never be too sure. He just hoped for things to be better than they were looking in the hypothetical. At least she wanted to see him, right?
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:51 pm

"She doesn't hate you, she's just a selfish idiot," the Master corrected before shrugging his shoulders. It wasn't him that drove the boy away. "No, Koschei, like I just said. She was selfish, she wanted alone time."

The Master really didn't see why he had to defend himself, he had done nothing wrong. "Like I said, I won't stop you. You can make all these mistakes now and when you're older, we can probably talk properly about this."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Koschei frowned and shook his head slowly. Well. So much for feeling excited about meeting his mother finally. It wasn't looking good for him. And now the Master had to deal with him.

Sighing, he just pulled out one of his puzzles to pick through, not really wanting to continue their discussion. Why would he want to? The Master wasn't exactly making him feel better about all of this.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:59 pm

he Master was not lying abut her, not offering false truths. If his parents had when he was a boy, he wouldn't of been happy. He was just trying to parent his own tactless but loving way.

"I don't truly know her mind, you know, but I'm sure she did love you. She's just stupid. Must be, she left you behind," the Master remarked before leaving the room. He had a book to finish before the intrusion.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:02 pm

Koschei wasn't about to believe that. How could he? He didn't emerge from his room until he heard a rather brisk knock upon the door later into the afternoon, not feeling nearly as enthusiastic as he had earlier. How could he?

Must have been a decent drive, though. That counted for something...Didn't it? Then again, probably not. Koschei wasn't sure what to think.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:04 pm

The Master groaned and dropped the book on the bedside table. He grabbed any and all savings he had and hide then under his jumper in the wardrobe before heading downstairs to take the door.

Opening the door, he didn't greet her warmly. he just gestured for her to come in before walking away from her. "Koschei, she's here."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:10 pm

One thing was for certain. Time had been favorable to her. Time and money. Striding in, she smiled sweetly, regarding the child as he slowly headed down the steps. Well. Somebody wasn't nearly as anxious as hoped. "Hey, kiddo. You've grown up quite a bit." she offered, shooting a look to the Master as if he were to fault. "Here's your money." she clipped, offering it out.

Koschei slowly edged closer to his father, the reaction mostly instinctive. It was...Strange. He couldn't see anything of her that he resembled. Even physically. He may be seven, but he wasn't stupid. Kids looked like at least one parent. He didn't really resemble either.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:18 pm

The Master caught his money and tossed it onto the kitchen table before giving her a bright smile. He had nothing to fear ad she couldn't mislead the boy forever, he was too smart for it.

"If you would of visited, you would of seen him grow up," the master said lightly as he gently rested a hand on the boys shoulder and pulled him close. "Well, anyway, he wanted to meet his mom and here you both are, have at it."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:21 pm

"You really going to hover the entire time, Harold? You make it out that I can't be trusted with my own son." she grumbled bitterly. And really? She saw no reason for that.

Koschei smiled softly, biting his lip a bit as he regarded her shyly. "He says 'm not allowed to be alone with you." he mumbled softly. What? It was true. It was also very awkward. "Wanna see my room?" he asked, giving her hand a soft tug before simply leading the way up to show her his things.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:26 pm

"Hey, go for it. Play together all you like," the Master offered and as he walked passed, he gently bumped his shoulder against her and whispered into her ear. "If he starts crying, just cover his mouth, right?"

What? It was what she said to him the day she left the crying boy behind and stormed off. Dropping on the sofa, the Master put his feet up and left the two of the to it.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:32 pm

She shot a bitter glare to the Master at that one. Yes, she had said that. But the Master was the one to make the call. He was the one that let her come back into the child's life. It was something to work in her favor.

She was kind enough to entertain the kid patiently for a few hours before deeming it too late. The brat probably needed to eat. She knew that she had to. Dismissing herself, she sought out the Master, smirking. "I think that we need to talk."
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:38 pm

The Master gave her a small look before shaking his head and gesturing at the door from where he was sitting. "No, we don't. You're here for Koschei. You'll play with his head for a while, he'll catch wise when he grows up and that will be that."

The Master dog earred his book and looked up at her with a smirk on his face. "Course I know you have a little plan in your head, I'm not stupid. But I should warn you that you brought this boy to me, you made me love him, if you hurt him... things will happen."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:41 pm

"I want my son back." she bit in sharply, crossing her arms as she glared. "You called me. Anything settled in courts is up for question when you willingly let me back into his life. I have a better house, a steady income..." she informed, waving a hand dismissively.

"I can afford proper education and the higher end life for him. Who do you think a judge will rule in favor of now? You? Or the mother who got her act together and can support her child properly now? A child that wants to be around her? I suggest not getting lawyers into it this time." she hissed softly.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:47 pm

The Master had to laugh. No, really, he had to laugh. Right in her face. "You're an idiot. You think that will work, really? You've seen him one day. One day after 5 years, no contact. No lawyer would take your case," She clearly knew nothing about this process.

Yes, they may grant her the chance to see him. But with him in steady education and living contently here for 6 happy years with no issues and his father was in a very steady job now as oppose to the mother who barely knew him? Yeah, he was going to win. Especially since she'd barely seen or known him. "You don't even know him, you can't tell me what he got for his fifth birthday. Or what his favourite toy is. You can't even tell me what he's allergic to because I only found out when he was four. You fucking moron," the Master shook his head and grabbed his book from the side. "Trust me. but, waste your time and consult a social worker. Let them tell you all of this."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:52 pm

"You're right, and how very sorry I am that his father never bothered to contact me before. That I was never given any sort of information to contact him myself. I wasn't given the chance to be with him. And that, my dear, is your fault." she said slowly, smirking.

"You don't want this to go legal. Trust me. I have the money to get a decent lawyer now. How about you? Think you can afford to fight me for the kid?" she asked simply, raising an eyebrow. She'd been widowed enough to make her way through successfully. Even better? "I'm engaged as well. Single parent over a soon to be married one? Doubtful. But say the word. I can have a court date to you by morning."
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:58 pm

"Actually I already took a statement years ago about that and I did leave you my number. Now, they had mine first and you ran off so you couldn't argue your case. Hence, mine would be seen as more reliable," the Master pointed out, he'd read enough books on law and worked around enough social workers to do the dance.

He had zero fear, this was just a mind game. "I can easily get the money for a lawyer and you will lose. You've known him for a day, you prat. You can't even make a case to have him. That would be like adopting a kid and just taking him home. Doesn't work that way. Allow me to explain the process. First, you may be granted visits to see him every weekend on my say so, perhaps with a chaperon? six months to a year. And then, if you still insist, we'll go to court," the Master explained, talking to her like she was very stupid. Which she was, she really was. "Besides, that boy loves me. You may not think it, he may be curious of you but he loves me. And if you take him away, he will make your life a misery too."

Grinning, he picked up his book and slumped back on the sofa. "You can go now, stop embarrassing yourself. Your ignorance is painful."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:03 pm

"Cute. And you say I've known him a day? Fine. See how well this ends. Because that kid upstairs? Curiosity it may be, but he does want to go with me. We could strike a deal, or I can fight you for it. And while it may take longer, it will draw forth curiosity and the like." she purred with a smirk.

Because any good lawyer could twist even the most innocent thing into something against the Master. Not to mention she could act well enough. "You're not doing him any favors, either. Keeping him here, I mean. It's a poor neighborhood and a poor living environment. I want to have my son back. Whether you're involved, willing, or otherwise is up to you." she informed slowly, already heading for the door.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:07 pm

"Its not a poor area, considering this town, I'm in a good area actually. And besides, I have a very high ranking job as a head of a department with my research becoming beyond respectable. Flexible hours for my son, extra income by publishing my work annnnd you should know the towns judge has family here," the Master pointed out, sniggering slightly. This was hilarious, she never was a bright spark. She always wanted what he couldn't have. And when she got it, she hated it.

"I can't help but notice you're still here," the Master said with a small smile as he settled back on the sofa and gave her a pointed look. "I said you could leave so have at it and leave."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:13 pm

"I live four hours away in a town with a judge that my late husband knew very well. I'll send you the court date come morning." she assured, slamming the door on her way out. Like hell she would bother making the court dates where the Master was.

She would fight it. She would at least get partial custody over the little brat. Of that she was certain. It may take bribes, deceit, and manipulation, but she would get her way. Having a young child about would help her image.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Worlds
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next