We Are All Mad Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are All Mad Here

n/a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imaginary Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:40 am

"I don't know. It's budget things and projects that I just have to go through to accept or deny. It's tedious." the Doctor murmured softly. Not to mention nerve wracking.

"Marnal asked me to go back to teaching." the Doctor murmured. It wasn't going to happen, but still.
Back to top Go down
https://weareallmadhere.forumotion.com
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:43 am

"Course he did, you were home every holiday and he must of enjoyed it, now you can't be there," the Master pointed out because there was no denying that was a problem.

But Marnal would learn to adjust, the Master had never left Koschei like that though, he'd even worked crummy hours just to watch him. "He misses you is all."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:23 pm

"It just makes me wonder if this was a bad idea. I mean, maybe teaching was the way to go." the Doctor murmured softly.

It wasn't exactly fair. In fact, it wasn't fair at all. Because the Doctor liked the lab and being able to do various things. Buy he still felt bad about Marnal.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:31 pm

"Look, millions of kids don't have parents that teach and they deal in the holidays. Don't freak out," the Master rolled his eyes, flipping through one of the nearby files.

"My father worked through the holidays as well, so did most the boys fathers I knew. Just book a week or two off or take your work home and do it after he's gone to bed," it was all about juggling things.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:37 pm

"I suppose that I don't sleep that much anyway. Why the hell not?" the Doctor all but chirped, standing and starting to gather the files into a neat stack. He would simply take his work home with him.

And maybe hire an assistant. Those always came in handy. "Come on. We can head out and I'll just do all of this tonight instead."
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:42 pm

"Sounds like a plan," the Master grinned and help the Doctor grab some of his files, using his other hand to shove half the sandwich in his mouth as they moved through the office.

"Mind if I come over tonight?" he just wanted something to do and he could always keep the Doctor company while he worked?
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:47 pm

"You have a key. You're welcome over whenever you'd like." the Doctor assured. Why else would he give the man a key?

"Look. I assure you that I like having you around." the Doctor said firmly. And really? There was nothing more to say.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:53 pm

"I was brought up to always ask before I enter," the Master informed the man with a small smile, it was just good manner to not come around unannounced and barge in.

"I'll be around then, maybe for dinner? My house has no food," the Master admitted sheepish. He only had dog food and some out of date dairy products he couldn't eat.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:08 pm

"And you have my permission to enter whenever the hell you want. There you go." the Doctor chirped lightly with a broad grin. What?

The Doctor liked company. "I've nothing to hide and you're comin over now, aren't you?" he asked lightly.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:10 pm

"Sure, I'll follow you in the car," the Master agreed as they got outside, course he helped the man put his bits and pieces in the car before offering him a small nod.

"I'll be right behind you," he offered, it wasn't like he'd be anywhere else, was it? "Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:18 pm

"I'd expect nothing less of you." the Doctor teased playfully as he got into his car to lead the way. It really was nice working close to home like this.

Pulling up outside the house, the Doctor sighed softly as he gathered his things and headed inside. He may as well see what the damage was with the new sitter.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:23 pm

The Master grabbed his jacket and followed the Doctor inside, making sure that he was just behind the Doctor so he didn't impose on Marnals greeting or whatever it was that would follow.

Marnal was watching a film with dinosaurs in, well more half watching, he was busy building a castle out of building blocks as well. Turning his head, he grinned at the sight of his dad. "You're back!"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:40 pm

The Doctor had to smile at that one. "I told you I would be." he reminded, setting off to pay and dismiss the sitter. At least the lad didn't seem to ruffled.

"So. How did everything go?" the Doctor asked lightly as he returned to the livingroom. What? May as well ask.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:49 pm

"He didn't like dinosaurs as much as me but he likes firemen and he's kinda cool," Marnal offered, not an awful lad, he was pretty fun and he kept a fair distance.

"You said you'd be home sooner," Marnal pointed out, not sure what had held his dad up but he tried not to complain. "I'm glad you did come back though."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:18 pm

"I was busy with work. It happens." the Doctor murmured sofly. And he was at least apologetic about the fact.

He didn't want Marnal upset with him because of his job. The Doctor tried and all, but hinge happened and time got away from him. That simple.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:26 pm

"It's okay," it sucked but his dad ad a job that had to be done and that was apparently that. And yes, that left him in the dark a bit but frankly, it could be worse.

It was definitely better now Iros was gone anyway. the Master dropped down on the sofa and shot the Doctor a smile. "So, tell me Johnny, what's for dinner?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:52 pm

"Don't call me Johnny." the Doctor deadpanned. He really did hate that nickname. Nothing else was left to be said on the matter.

"I'm thinking of either ordering a pizza or making some chicken." the Doctorr murmured. Both were relatively quick and effortless.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:54 pm

"If we order pizza, can I have fries?" Marnal asked with a small frown on his face, he loved quick food, what kid didn't. The Master raised an eyebrow before grinning.

"Can I have a shake and a free toy?" the Master asked playfully, beaming up at the other man childishly.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:10 pm

The Doctor rolled his eyes and sat down beside the two. "Yes. I will let the two of you have your treats." he quipped lightly.

He couldn't help himself. Not really. "I'll order some later." the Doctor assured.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:29 pm

"Until then, want to make a block tower?" the Master asked with a small amused smile as he noticed Marnal had a fair few blocks all around the floor for playing with.

And they had some time till lunch so really, why not?
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:56 pm

"What do you say Marnal? Shall we make a tower together?" the Doctor asked brightly. Hat? May as well.

Marnal had issues with the two of them not spending enough time together. Why the hell shouldn't he play with the lad? Better yet when the Master did as well.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:12 am

"Yes!" Well that was an obvious answer, the Doctor never played with him when he had work to do so this was like a rare treat, it wasn't be wasted or dismissed.

The Master sat on the floor, already arranging the blocks with a small amused look. Marnal did the same, watching his dad with great interest to see what he made.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:13 am

Of course Marnal would take to that idea. How could the lad not? Especially when he'd been running late.

The Doctor didn't do much, simply working on a pyramid he couldn't remember seein up close and in person any longer. But the thought was there.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:19 am

The Master built a silly little castle and let Marnal help him build a wall because that was basically just laying out blocks in a line, nice and easy really, he found it all very amusing.

Marnal grinned when they were done and turned his head to his father. "Do you like it? It's cool!"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:44 pm

The Doctor hummed softly in response as he put the finishing touches on his block version of the sphinx. He couldn't quite help himself. He was oddly fond of the thing.

"It's very nice. Good job. Now excuse me for a moment while I go and order food." the Doctor murmured softly as he headed to do just that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Worlds
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next