We Are All Mad Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are All Mad Here

n/a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imaginary Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:10 am

The Master headed into his office and started to work on the newly discovered planet, Utopia. He peered out into the stars and located it once more, jotting down everything he needed before zooming it.

It was amazing, a planet no one had ever seen yet it was right there, so obvious! He could see anything around to like a ring or a moon close in orbit. Perhaps it was a cold planet?
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 3:12 pm

The Doctor didn't come back around until aroun one with Marnal in tow. "Excuse me. Just wanted to let you know that the paperwork has been filed and somebody will be around to speak with you later." he informed softly.

Why not? That was to be expected under such circumstances. A new planet had been discovered. "If you want to, you can bring Koschei about and I'll distract him while you're busy." the Doctor offered.
Back to top Go down
https://weareallmadhere.forumotion.com
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 3:40 pm

"Sounds like a plan, depending on his mood though, if he had an awful day, might change my plans a bit," the Master remarked, watching Marnal peer around his office with a small look of curiosity.

"Why don't you show your boy utopia?" the Master asked, returning to the notes he was jotting down. Showing someones son something like this was a memory they could talk about for years.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 3:45 pm

"Fair point. I'm not going to make you." the Doctor assured lightly. As for Marnal? He glanced to his kid for a moment before offerin Marnal a small smile. Why not?

"Want to see the new planet?" the Doctor offered lightly, ushering his son over to take a look. Yeah. This wasn't too bad in the least.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Marnal seemed pretty happy to be able to see what his dad was doing at work. Whenever he went to look at something, his dad tended to pull him away or tell him not to. It got a little boring.

Peering through the telescope, he smiled and pulled back to look at his dad. "What is it?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 4:38 pm

"That would be a new planet. We discovered it. That's all." the Doctor stated simply. And really? That really was all there was to it. This was where he screwed up. Because he didn't know how to deal with the poor kid in this setting.

The Doctor was always afraid that Marnal would get himself hurt. Which left him hesitant to allow for the poor lad to wander about and look at things. It was nothing personal. He was just protective.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 4:48 pm

That was it? That was what he told his son? He wasn't intending to tell Koschei it so ... well bluntly and boring. "That's all? That's not all. It's a new planet, a new life, anything could be on there. From what I've seen, its a distance from the nearest sun so it's probably a cold planet. I'm only theorising though."

Smiling playfully at Marnal he came over and crouched by the telescope and adjusted the lens. "For all we know? Could be a land of yeti's or walking snowmen," he joked, making Marnal laugh as he peered through the telescope to look closer at it.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:11 pm

And how awkward was it that the Master was better with his son than he was? Sighing softly, he gave a small ruffle to Marnal's hair and grinned a bit. This wasn't too bad. The kid was behaving well enough.

"What he said. It's a new planet named Utopia." the Doctor murmured work. Really? It wasn't exactly easy dumbing it down to a playful subject.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:16 pm

The Master adjusted the telescope once more and Marnal frowned slightly, pulling back to look at his dad with confusion. He never did explain things till Marnal asked and asked and he had trouble dumbing it down.

"What's a Utopia?" Marnal asked, sounding it out. He didn't know the word, recognise the word and it wasn't something that was in a four year old vocabulary. The Master raised an eyebrow, curious if the Doctor could explain.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:33 pm

Right. That could be an issue for him. The Doctor ran a hand through his hair and sighed softly. "It's...A perfect world. A place where everything is perfect." he offered softly. A thing he couldn't exactly explain either.

"You know what Utopia is? It's a newly discovered planet that's quite possibly cold. Easiest way to explain that...Want some candy?" the Doctor offered instead. When in doubt? Distract.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:52 pm

The Master had to resist laughing because Marnal was offering a completely baffled expression at what just happened. Sighing, he decided to chip in. "Utopia is beauty. It's something that can't not be good."

Marnal smiled and the Master shrugged before returning to his desk to work. Enough playing nice, he had things to do. And Marnal really wanted that candy by the looks of things.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:15 pm

The Doctor lifted Marnal with a small smile. "Thank you." he murmured, taking Marnal from the room to get him something sweet. He couldn't complain.

Because the Master had helped him out with this one. He wasn't sure how to talk with Marnal. The poor kid was just a bit too...Human like. The Doctor struggled constantly with the poor lad.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:29 pm

The Master knew how to talk to humans, somehow. He mostly just found that patronizing worked, talking down like one would a total moron. And that was easy to do with kids!

He worked till 2.50 and headed straight out to the car, the Doctor knew he was going so he didn't bother to stop and remind him. He just got in his car and drove off to pick the boy up.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:36 pm

When the Master pulled up, Koschei didn't waste any time in getting into the vehicle. Yeah. He didn't like this. But he'd promised to put up with the school for a bit and he would.

Even if he didn't like it. And he had more homework than the academy gave him. Which wasn't fair in the least. Mainly because he struggled with most of what he was given.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:41 pm

The Master offered Koschei a weak smile, he wasn't happy at all and the Master did want to help. "Sorry your day was bad, or so I'm guessing, but its not forever. I intend to move you, promise."

Hell he wasn't going to let his son rot in this place. Taking off, he smirked slightly as a plan came to mind. "Don't worry, I think things will definitely get better today."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Koschei highly doubted that. He sighed softly as he settled back, closing his eyes. "'M going to that place. An' I have homework. It's not getting better. It's getting worse." he grumbled softly.

He couldn't be expected to be happy. Not really. The Master was taking him around somebody that he couldn't stand. Koschei wasn't going to be too happy until...He wasn't going to be too happy for a while, actually.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:42 pm

"I'll make sure it all gets better," the Master promised as he headed off to work. When they arrived, he led Koschei inside and peered in on the Doctor and Marnal, who was trying his best to sit perfectly still and no touched as the Doctor often ordered him too.

"I have Koschei with me, do you want to amuse him while I finish up?" the Master had a busy day he would rather Koschei sat with the Doctor and Marnal than be bored with him.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:50 pm

The Doctor glanced up and offered a small smile. "It's no problem. I was going to take Marnal down to another lab. It's no problem whatsoever." he assured lightly, earning a sullen glare in turn.

Because this was making his day better? "No. I have work I need to do." Koschei reminded as he looked to the Master. Yeah. He had a go to excuse to avoid the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:03 pm

"Koschei, the work can wait till you're home so I can help. Until then, stick with the Doctor and Marnal," the Master insisted, snagging the boys school bag and taking off with it.

smirking, he tossed the school bag under his desk and got to work. He would start cheering that lad up but he had to work on some plans first and that would take some trying.

((Sorry having trouble with the site >.<))
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:47 pm

(No worries. I'm visiting family and cleaning.)

The afternoon wasn't exactly...Pleasant. In fact, it was actually rather long. The Doctor took the two down to the biology lab to see the animals. A thing that Koschei wasn't willing to participate in.

Koschei really didn't like him. The Doctor only brought the kid back around as it was approaching six. "Well. I'm taking Marnal home so I can feed him. Need anything before I take off?" the Doctor asked lightly. He was being nice.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:41 am

"Nah, I think I should take off too," the Master admitted as he hung up the phone. Yep, people wanted to talk and the Master wanted them to just go away for a little while.

"I'll take Koschei home," the Master snagged Koschei's bag from under his desk and gestured for the boy to follow him. As they headed out to the car, he passed the bag back to Koschei. "Have fun?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:02 pm

"No. I don't like him. An' I could do something else. I don't need to go with him." Koschei asserted firmly. He didn't need to put up with the Doctor. The man was strangely naive.

It was as if the man didn't realize that Koschei hated him. I drove the kid positively insane. "I don't wanna go with him again." he said firmly.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:14 pm

"Fine but my office is boring, you know? I have something to show you tomorrow anyway," the Master promised as they pulled up outside the pizza place they often ordered from. "Okay, what do you want then?"

It was faster than going home and cooking and besides, Koschei liked pizza. "Whatever you like."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:28 pm

They should probably be more concerned over their diet. However, that wasn't something that he really cared about. What kid would? He got pizza all the time.

"Cheese." Koschei chirped lightly. Yup. That easy. But he wanted something easy and plain. No use in complaining there.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:07 pm

The Master would never boast to be the best father or even a good father, he did his job and he worked all day, he just did whatever was easy. Diet were not on his mind, he wasn't a great cook. Besides, it wasn't like Koschei didn't exercise or eat in moderation.

He was young, he didn't have to worry yet and the Master couldn't be bothered to worry over it. He just headed inside and ordered what Koschei wanted. Dinner was officially handled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Worlds
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next