We Are All Mad Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are All Mad Here

n/a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imaginary Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:32 pm

"Definitely prefer John." he assured, returning the smile hesitantly, glancing out the window to make sure that Marnal was still doing alright. Okay. So he was a little overprotective. He couldn't really help it. He couldn't handle the thought of something happening to the poor kid.

Especially after almost losing Marnal with that whole investigation incident. "So...This might seem a bit odd, but I was wondering....Well, if you don't have any plans, other than picking Koschei up tomorrow, if you'd like to have dinner with me. Mind, I won't hold you to it or anything. And, I mean, you don't have to...I should shut up now, right?" the Doctor asked sheepishly, giving a small cringe.
Back to top Go down
https://weareallmadhere.forumotion.com
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:09 am

((Sorry, fell asleep early))

"Yes. To both shutting up and dinner," the Master remarked with an amused expression. What a daft sod. Really, he could of just asked like a normal person but the Master did find it amusing how he had rambled.

"So I'm guessing this is a me and you type dinner not a bring your kids one? If so then I'll have to lie to Koschei, say its work related," he didn't like lying but his son made such a fuss when he went off with the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:57 am

"Of hire a pretty sitter." the Doctor half joked. Right. He hadn't expected an agreement of some sort. Not really. It was nice. "And I did mean a dinner with just us." he assured. Though h had to hesitate just briefly.

Because it wasn't something he was accustomed to having to clarify. Clearing his throat softly, he regarded the Master a bit. "So. Just to check...You are aware I'm asking you on a date, not an outing as friends, right? Unless that's too awkward, in which case consider it a friend thing." he murmured. He had to check, lest he make things more awkward than he already had.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:04 am

The Master raised an eyebrow. No, he had not guessed that. He assumed it was like friends getting dinner. But the surprise on his face didn't last long. He shook his head and cleared his mind before smiling somewhat.

"Date works for me... but I'm not buying flowers or getting you chocolates or anything," the Master teased, he found it much easier not to do that sort of thing. Made it twice as awkward. "Koschei will kill me for this!"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:27 am

(And I'm off to school. I'll be slower now that I'm back in.)

The Doctor offered a small smile at that. "Don't worry. I don't expect them. Just be yourself. You're already more qualified than my usual dates." he joked softly. Because that made the situation somewhat better.

And then the Master mentioned Koschei. Right. Kid that hated him. "I mean...This is alright, though, right? It isn't going to cause problems between you and your son." the Doctor checked with a small frown.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:35 am

((I hope to be back at work whenever I find a job too so I understand busyness!))

"With Koschei, I often find the boy is stubborn and annoying, like myself. I also know he'll just have to live with whatever I do because I'm in charge," the Master informed him, the Master didn't get bossed around by kids!

Turning his head, he raised an eyebrow as he watched Marnal run around outside after pest, obviously having a hell of a time. "Will Marnal mind? I wouldn't image he's as awkward as Koschei when it comes to you going out on dates?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:15 am

"He doesn't like when I go anywhere, but he doesn't mind dating. He usually tries to make nice with the people I have an interest in. They just don't usually take to him." the Doctor admitted softly.

And that was trying. Because he tried so hard and he cared a lot for the boy. "Im glad to hear Koschei isn't an issue, though. I'd hate to have another burn on my mind." the Doctor admitted softly.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:19 am

"If it helps, after years of dealing with Koschei, Marnal barely phases me," he didn't love or really like the kid but he didn't hate him. He was just sort of there and a little weird but that just seemed to be what he was.

Looking across at the Doctor once more, he raised an eyebrow at him. "So where are we going tomorrow? Any ideas?" he didn't eat out much so he couldn't name anywhere for them to go without a little research.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:23 pm

"I was thinking that after the train ride, you can get Koschei settled and ill pick you up at six. Dress nice." the Doctor said simply. In other words) slight surprise, but definitely upscale. That's just how he was.

He smiled softly and stood. "One moment." he murmured, heading to the door to call Marnal in. The kid needed a nap. And the Doctor needed a second of peace. Nothing against the lad. He just couldn't watch every second.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:10 pm

The Master sat back and finished his tea as he watched Marnal come running in. The boy was muddy, hyper and covered in grass stains. Suddenly he was thrilled that Koschei liked quiet inside hobbies.

"Dad! Can I have a snack? I've been really good!" Marnal begged as he tugged at the Doctors trouser leg. The Doctor might have been planning a nap but Marnal seemed to think otherwise.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:12 pm

The Doctor wasn't stupid. "Well...I was thinking that poor Pest has been worn out. Maybe you should get clean clothes and lay down with him for a bit and I'll make you a snack later." he suggested softly.

And then for the deal maker. "We might even make some cookies later. But you need to lay down for a bit first." the Doctor prompted gently. Never let it be said he couldn't negotiate.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:19 pm

"But I'm not even tired!" Marnal whined unhappily, as much as he wanted cookies, that wasn't what he really anted. Sulking, he dropped down and looked beyond unhappy. This wasn't fair and-- Marnal looked over at the Master and even the four year old understood. Oh yes, that made perfect sense.

The Doctor wanted to play with his friend. Picking up Pest with a small pout, he headed up the stairs. Well, at least he did want he was told. Koschei would of never done that, would he?
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:17 pm

There was something amusing about watching the kid carry an animal almost the same size. At least Marnal understood to some extent. "And that would be why I'm alright with dating. Marnal is an angel when it comes to listening." the Doctor said softly.

It was something that the Doctor was eternally grateful toward. "Sorry if that seemed wrong. I just usually try and get him to take a nap at least once a day." he admitted sheepishly as he sat back down.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:23 pm

"Not at all, its good parenting. I just let Koschei go till he passes out. Lazy, I know. But Koschei is very independent and he doesn't really need me playing daddy," Koschei was very attached and often childish but he was oddly mature.

The Master tried to respect that and let him go with it. "So, what should we do? I have three hours till I have to get Koschei and you have an hour or so before Marnal wakes up... any plans?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:18 pm

The Doctor considered that a moment before shrugging. "Is there anything in particular that you would like to do? I'd hate to bore you." he said softly, frowning a bit. And it was the truth. He wanted to keep the man interested.

"We can watch a film. Are you hungry? I have some teriyaki leftover that I could heat for you. Really, anything is open." the Doctor assured lightly.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:22 pm

"Films sounds fine," the Master offered, getting to his feet and offering the Doctor an amused look. "I hate to ruin our moment for tomorrow but we are, in a way, essentially on a date today."

Looking very amused, the Master dropped down on the sofa and tried his hardest to sit nicely so he didn't make a bad impression. "If it helps, we can call this the introduction?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:52 pm

"And here I thought we were just two friends hanging out." the Doctor teased, putting in the odd horror film. Eh. He didn't have many and it seemed a good enough choice as any. Better than what else he had, anyway.

"Hope you don't mind the choice. I own mostly documentaries." he admitted as he got settled on the couch with a smirk. Well. If it was a date. He shifted and wrapped an arm around the other, expressing giving away the underlying challenge.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:00 pm

"I mostly watch horror-- or kids films," the Master admitted and no, he didn't watch them for Koschei. He'd admit it, he was a wee bit childish with his love of cartoons and kids shows.

"I dunno what it is, I prefer watching the cartoons more than my son," the Master joked, offering him an amused look before turning his attention onto the film. "but horror works perfect."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:19 pm

The Doctor hummed softly and shrugged. There was nothing wrong with it. "That's sort of cute, actually. No offense." he murmured softly. He meant nothing by that. It was actually the truth.

He settled in for watching the film, actually rather content for the moment. Though he was ready to flick the show off should Marnal wander in. He didn't need the kid to have any sort of nightmares.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:26 pm

"Cute? Blimey, should of seen that coming," the Master admitted, trying not to pull a face. Not a word he's describe himself as though he was rather childish when he was sitting down to watch clangers... and when he tried to whistle to them.

The film was pretty good, if predictable. There was a lot of gore as well, which the Master always appreciated. He wanted happily until he heard the stirring at the top of the stairs and a faint voice calling out for the Doctor. "I'd pause John, I think the next scene is gonna be bloody."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:14 pm

The joys of having a kid. "To be continued." the Doctor murmured softly as he paused, changing the channel over to some rather kid program. Immediately afterward, he headed up, returning shortly with Marnal.

"Again. Sorry. I assure you tomorrow will be different." the Doctor stated, sitting Marnal upon the couch as he fetched the lad a snack. Couldny quite help this one. At least the child didn't expect him to watch the show along with.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Well Marnal had company anyway, the Master was more than happy to watch the kids shows and even interact with them. The big difference was that Marnal was curious when the TV people asked questions like point to the blue triangle.

The Master acted like he was solving a great cosmological mystery as he corrected Marnal. "See, blue. Clearly blue. It's amazingly obvious. Annnnd the orange square? There!"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:25 pm

That was honestly the best anyone had ever interacted with Marnal before. It was just a bit odd. But the kid didn't seem too bothered. The Doctor just left them to it as he went back to unpacking quietly, the serval clambering for attention.

He waited until about ten minutes before the Master would need to go again, leaning over the back of the couch with a grin. "You're going to need to fetch Koschei." he reminded softly. The Docor actually didn't mind this too much. It was pleasant.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:30 pm

"What? am I?-- Oh damn, I am," the Master cursed, he had wanted to see the end of this show. Ruffling Marnals hair as he got up, he smiled and patted the Doctor on the arm. "Tomorrow at 12, meet me at the train station. If the kid has to come, I don't mind. If not, great. Either way, I'll be waiting."

He didn't know if Marnal even had preschool yet but he left them to it as he dashed out to the car. Marnal waved after him with a big grin before turning to the Doctor. "I like him, can you two play together more?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:41 pm

"At noon." the Doctor agreed in passing. Marnal had school the next day and he could have a sitter by that evening. Simple. It honestly amazed him just how well the Master dealt with Marnal. Usually, people couldn't stand the poor kid.

Usually, Marnal wasn't fond of the other people, either. Grinning down, the Doctor ruffled the boy's hair. "I'd like that. But no promises. Would you like to make those cookies now?" he offered, opting to shift topics. The Doctor wouldn't make promises like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Worlds
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next