We Are All Mad Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are All Mad Here

n/a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imaginary Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Marnal nodded eagerly and snagged the Doctors hand. It was nice to see his dad happy and Marnal wouldn't mind being babysat if he knew his dad was out playing with his new friend.

It was never that Marnal hated his fathers partners, they were just never nice to him. They looked at him like he was a freak... too humany, they always said. "What's a train?"

((Off to bed))
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:19 pm

{Night!}

The Doctor paused at that one, pulling a stool over as he dug out what he'd need for the dough. "Well...It's a larger version of the toy you were showed by Mr. Saxon. The sort that you can ride inside and whatnot." he murmured.

It wasn't that big of a deal. Not really. The Doctor had never been on one before himself. It wasn't something that he often tried to do. He wasn't known for branching out. It was a miracle that he would date.
Back to top Go down
https://weareallmadhere.forumotion.com
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:09 am

The concept of a bigger version of a toy amused Marnal and he giggled before tapping his dads leg to get his attention. "Can you bring me back something? I've never seen a train, can you get me a picture?"

Even a silly one on a mobile would do. Marnal was just a very curious child. Sometimes it got him into trouble but what was life if you couldn't learn and see new things?
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:16 am

"Of course. Why wouldn't I do something like that for you?" the Doctor asksed playfully as he lifted Marnal onto the stool. "Here. Stir these things, but be careful so as not to make a mess." he instructed firmly, moving to assist the lad with the task.

The Doctor didn't mind having his son help in the kitchen. Why would he? It only made sense to do something easy like this. "So. Marnal. I'm going to have a sitter around tomorrow while Mr. Saxon and I go out." he informed softly.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:53 am

Marnal stirred carefully, trying to follow exactly as he was told so he didn't make a mess. He didn't want to get banned from cooking cause he wasn't good at it, did he?

"That's 'kay. Will you be home to read to me?" Marnal didn't mind his dad going out, he didn't like it but he knew it would happen so he just learned to be happy for the Doctor. "Or is it gonna be late?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:00 am

"That all depends. You see? I'll try and be home. And if I'm not, I'll read to you two stories the day after. And you can sleep in my bed until I get home tomorrow night." the Doctor assured softly.

That was really all that he could offer. Because he was going to go out until Marnal was sincerely distressed by it all. He hoped that that wash something he really had to worry about taking place.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:26 am

"As long as your promise," Marnal asserted, helping his dad make the dinner before frowning slightly. If dad was going to be gone while he was asleep then he really did hope the Doctor would be there in the morning.

But, just to make sure, he decided to make it clear what he wanted. "Can we have breakfast tomorrow in front of the TV? Cereal? Cocoa pops?" Marnal asked, offering his dad a bright smile.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:02 am

That had him smiling softly. Because the kid was a bit on the adorable side. "Yes. We can have cereal together in the morning." he assured firmly. He would never stay oh all night like that. Not with Marnal.

Helpin to roll balls out of the dough, the Doctor smiled softly. "We can eat and then go to the labs. We were working with fish if you want to see them." he offered softly. It was the least he could do.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:10 am

"Always!" Marnal declared as he helped his dad roll out the dough. For all his follies, Marnal had one fantastic trait and that was that he was happy to do whatever made his dad happy. Even if it meant missing a story.

The Master probably didn't have the same luck mind but not all kids were as hopelessly helpful as Marnal. He had been raised to be nice and polite and that was just what Marnal did. He had learned fast.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:20 pm

The Doctor honestly couldn't complain. He had a kid that was willing to help and the like. He couldn't help this too much. And he wasn't going to mind it. He ruffled the kid's hair softly as he put the cookies into the oven.

"Don't worry about it. You get on well enough with him, at lead." the Doctor offered softly. And that was all he could offer. It was pleasant enough to know he didn't need to worry about that.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:26 pm

"He's nicer than the last one," Marnal remarked but then the Doctors last proper partner called him a freak behind the Doctors back. Was it any wonder Marnal refused to take to them.

Marnal was to a Time Lord though, he was friendly, playful and didn't care that much for knowledge. Not a typical kid. "I hope you have fun though... you're not bring Kosch round, are you?" Yep, he was worried at that idea but he couldn't help it, the boy was scary!
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:13 pm

"I know. And they aren't around now. Don't worry about it." he murmured softly. It was all he could honestly offer. Because it wasn't fair for the child to go through and put up with so much. Not in the least.

"He isn't coming about...Is there something wrong? You can tell me, Marnal." the Doctor assured firmly. And that would be an honest deal breaker if Marnal couldn't handle Koschei. The kid deserved a proper say.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:21 pm

"No, just don't wanna sit with him tonight, he talks through TV. And not like the Master does it," Marnal lied, the truth was that he was just a tiny bit upset that Koschei kept calling him names and snapping at him.

But he'd never tell his dad that or he'd never want to play with them all again. "But he isn't bad, he came to my party, didn't he?" Marnal remarked with a hopeful look in his eyes. People never came to his party... that had to be ice, right?
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:46 pm

The Doctor paused at that with a concerned frown. But he would let it to for then. It was no different than the last time he'd been with another. Marnal had to okay them. Even if it seemed a tad ridiculous.

The fact of the matter was that he was trying to form a serious relationship and that didn't include ignoring his son. Period. Because he cared for his kid too much. He couldn't befaukted that one in the least.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Once dinner was all sorted and cooking, Marnal attempted to lift best but the bloody thing almost toppled him as he wobbled around, carrying him into the kitchen. Well, he had a question to ask and he needed a prop.

"Saxon has a dog, doesn't he? How can we be sure that he won't eat Pest one day?" Marnal asked, as if they were going to end up spending serious time together. But it as a serious worry! "Pest almost ate Froggie once as well so it could happen!"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:12 pm

The Doctor regarded the kid at that one. "Oh...Marnal. We aren't moving in or anything. Pest is going to be fine. Now put him down so that you can eat." he instructed simply. It wasn't that bad.

The Master was just somebody he was seeing. Possibly. They hadn't even really made it that far. And hear Marnal was concerning over the fact that the Master had a dog.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:16 pm

"I know! But still, what if they meet up or the dog comes over for Pests birthday?" Well Koschei came to his birthday. And yes, Pest was indeed having a birthday. Well, he supposed he could worry about that when it happened.

Sitting down, he grabbed his dinner and shrugged. "Just worried for Pest," or, more accurately, he was projecting his worries onto Pest. Then again, he was pretty sure Koschei wouldn't eat him. Just yell some more.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:09 pm

The Doctor smiled softly and shook his head. "Listen, Marnal. You're fine. So is Pest. I'm not going to let anything happen to either of you right now. Or ever." he assured firmly, plating some food for them and settling in. He even gave Pest some.

"It's going to be fine." the Doctor murmured. He was worried that the lad might not be as alright with this as expressed. Perhaps he should just cancel. The Master would understand...Right?
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:11 pm

"I know, just make sure you take a picture of the train," Marnal asked again, grinning. Marnal always got over himself pretty swiftly as he ate his dinner and finished up, setting the plate aside and eyeing pest as he ate.

Marnal didn't mind that much, Koschei was scary but the Master was nice to him so it was worth it. Plus the Master made his dad really happy. He smiled more when the Master was around.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 pm

"I will if I go." the Doctor assured, shrugging as he took to cleaning up. He even stopped a moment to place a few cookies down for Marnal to pick away at. He couldn't help it. Not really.

When Marnal was expressing discomfort, that was usually when the Doctor backed out and moved on. Because, while it wasn't the Master, something was bothering the poor child. And he had to put Marnal before himself.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Marnal yawned slightly a while after dinner and his cookies, taking the Doctors hand and tugged him towards the staircase. When Marnal was ready for bed, he made it very clear.

"You can read to me? You can read a really good one cause you won't be here tomorrow," Or that was Marnals understanding. It was the train then dinner and Marnal would be alone after that. Not that he minded much, is dad would be back.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:32 pm

The Doctor smiled and went along, nodding. "Yeah. It isn't any sort of problem." he assured firmly. He made sure to get the kid into pajamas before he settled in to read to the lad. It was a regular routine. He would read until Marnal fell asleep, the frog croaking away quietly in the silence of the room as he slipped out.

What was different was that, this time, upon leaving the Doctor went straight for the phone and dialed the Master's number. Because this needed to be taken care of promptly and with tact. Because the Doctor didn't agree with canceling last minute.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:34 pm

The Master had only recently finished informing Koschei of his plans to have dinner, no specifics but after some bargaining, the boy agreed to go along with a babysitter.

H was lying on the sofa when he picked up the phone, smirking playfully when he recognised the voice. "Well hello there John, bothering me already? Well, I got a babysitter so we're still good for tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:44 pm

Oh, this was always the difficult part. And how many times had the Doctor been forced to have this discussion? How many times had he been left with no real choice but to cancel? "About that..." he murmured, trailing off with a sigh as he sat upon his bed, absently stroking Pest.

"I'm not sure that it's going to work out. No offense, I would love to go, but...Something's up with Marnal with all of this and I just need to make sure that he's okay with it all. He adores you, don't get me wrong. But that means I don't know what's wrong this time." the Doctor murmured. Which meant he didn't know how to fix it.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:50 pm

"Or maybe you're making something out of nothing because you're nervous. You know I would do anything for Koschei but I know when he's genuinely miserable and when he's just being a whiny brat," the Master pointed out because no, he wasn't accepting this.

"Like I've said 100 times, have a bloody backbone. Yes, Marnal comes first, but he doesn't even hate me. Don't want to go? Fine, deal. But don't use your son as a scapegoat," the Master informed him with a small annoyed sigh, he doubted it was even as bad as it was to have to cancel a date. "So, tell me, am I riding the trains alone? Or will this upset someone too? ... Probably Koschei, trains are our things, he hated the idea of you even going near one."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Worlds
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next