We Are All Mad Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are All Mad Here

n/a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imaginary Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:56 pm

"I think Marnal is terrified of your son and I need to make sure that, before I risk things going anywhere, that it isn't going to be a problem later, because Marnal likes to put me before himself. Why would I be nervous about going out with you? I was nervous about you turning me down. Not about the date itself." the Doctor informed slowly.

And it was true. He was more than a little sure of himself there. As for the trains? "I was hoping to still go on the train with you. I wasn't sure how well you would take me canceling dinner on you." he informed. Marnal wasn't being a whiny brat. The Doctor just got protective in things like this due to mast experiences.
Back to top Go down
https://weareallmadhere.forumotion.com
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:59 pm

So it was Koschei. Of course it was, no wonder Marnal as afraid. The Master was afraid for any kid that happened to be around the boy. And maybe it was just nicer to end this before Koschei got the satisfaction.

"My son has a very high chance of hurting your son. He has no morality, little empathy and he hates you. And Marnal," the Master informed the Doctor in a blunt manner. Because that was the truth and he knew it... and it would be nicer to just give the Doctor the power to call it off. "We can take the train, we probably shouldn't have dinner. We shouldn't date either... not with Koschei around."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 pm

He hadn't meant that one. "I...Fine. I had simply intended to not have dinner and to put it off a bit until I could work it out, but fine. I'll meet you at the station tomorrow." the Doctor informed simply, muttering a quick farewell before pointedly hanging up.

It was the Doctor's own damn fault, really. He'd been the one to call if off. It just meant that he wasn't smiling anymore come morning when he woke Marnal up to get the kid ready for the bath and whatnot. "Morning. You need to get ready." he informed softly.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:09 pm

Marnal could sense his dads bad mood by the lack of smile and the seriousness of his tone. And Marnal did exactly as asked, staggering out of bed and waiting for his dad to run his bath. He was shortly dressed, ready and unsure how to proceed.

His dad wasn't usually in a bad mood like this. He wasn't sure if it was him or pest or a work thing. But either way, he tentatively approached is dad and offered a hug. "Have fun on the train, dad."

((Off to bed!))
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:22 pm

{night~!}

The Doctor sighed softly, offering a small smile as he lifted the boy close. "I'm sorry Marnal. Everything is alright and thank you. I'll have fun...And I'll take pictures for you." he assured with a small smile, getting him settled into the car to drive.

"And I'll pick you up after your day is done. We can go out for pizza after." the Doctor assured. And that was it. It meant that he wasn't going to be going to the dinner and he wanted Marnal to know that. He didn't want to surprise the lad.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:54 am

"Okay then... I'm sorry," he offered anyway because the Doctor clearly didn't want to play with the Master and he couldn't fathom why. Either way, he got out the car and ran straight to the classroom, avoiding the other kids as he did. It was a safety thing.

The Master was at the train station before the promised time, it was evident by his half drunk coffee and the book he was reading but he had gotten plenty of time to do nothing and he did like train stations. May as well enjoy it before the Doctor made it all awkward.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:02 am

The Doctor bid his son farewell before he took off. He wasn't sure how he felt about this. He was stressed and tired. Not to mention he wasn't sure the Master would be there. Strangely enough, the man was.

"I was honestly afraid that you'd ditch me." the Doctor said apologetically. Couldn't help that one. "Look. About last night? I want to date you. Tonight was just a problem." he said softly, leaving it at that.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:06 pm

The Master nodded and let the Doctor board first before taking after him so he could scan the seats better. Once they got to the back, he yanked the Doctor in the direction till he took a seat. He wasn't discussing something like that so publicly.

"I said it wasn't a good idea... and it wasn't. Koschei hates you, he hates your son and he will never let it happen. I know he'll cock it up," the Master remarked before he shrugged off his jacket. Marnal was safer without Koschei being a regular feature in his life. "We can still have dinner as friends though. I could use a nice dinner."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:44 pm

"I only planned in pushing it off a bit until I could deal with Marnal. You're allowing Koschei to dictate your life. But it's fine. I get it." the Doctor assured softly. He wasn't going to fight about this.

He was a big boy and could move on. The Doctor gave a small start when the train started to move, drawing his attention to the window. "Maybe...We could date. Keep it to ourselves and let those two know by easing them into it." he murmured.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:52 pm

"No matter what I do Koschei will make you and your son unhappy. And that woud be him being nice about it," the Master informed him, just so he could, and in future if this fucked up... well, at least he gave a warning. "But we can, if you like."

He would actually like to more than he'd admit but the slight issue was always going to be his son. Dropping his head in his hands, he offered the Doctor a quirk of a smile. "I don't let him dictate my life, you know? But having a psychopath for a son means that sometimes you have to give up things to protect people... maybe you're worth protecting?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:09 pm

"I can handle Koschei. Don't worry about that. I just wanted some more time to make sure Marnal was really okay with this. He tends to put up with a lot for me. He's been tormented by my partners in the past and wouldn't say a word to me because I seemed happy." the Doctor murmured.

Marnal could be beaten black and blue, only to try and hide it for the Doctor's sake. So he tended to be overly cautious lest something go wrong. "Don't protect me. It'll only hold you back." the Doctor stated simply.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:22 pm

"If it helps, I'd never hurt your son. Koschei? Maybe. But if he did, I would know and I'd make sure he was punished," Koschei asserted solely so that the Doctor was reassured. He wasn't big on letting Koschei win.

"Marnal seems like a nice kid, he's like you as well, doesn't pipe up much. Shame, bet he's bright," the Master offered before he settled back in his seat and shrugged his shoulders. "So... dinner tonight?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:28 pm

The Doctor visibly hesitated at that one. He didn't know if he could get away with changing his mind so much like this. But what was he suppose to say? Especially after he'd bothered to concvince the Master to give it a go?

"Okay. Dinner tonight." the Doctor conceded. And that was if whoever he got for a sitter didn't cancel or not show up. Again. Couldn't expect much else from them anymore.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:42 pm

"We'll keep it secret, in our own way, we won't worry our kids over it and then maybe we can make this work," the Master offered, he wanted to try it, he had his worries but he really did want to give it a shot.

"Sorry about being so awkward... it's just whenever I've tried to date, Koschei has put an end to it-- I don't try much but still. He wants me to only date pretty girls he secretly likes," the Master remarked with an amused smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:49 pm

"Unfortunately, I date more often than I'd like to admit. But I can't help myself. I usually can't even make it past dinner. Either I'm seeing a complete idiot or I'm with somebody who isn't Marnal friendly. At least you seem better than both of those." he offered softly.

And the Doctor did suffer through. A lot. Because he knew he'd never find the ideal person for him and it left him rather aimless. Because he was one of those people who needed somebody.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:55 pm

"I don't date much, I've never been a people person. Sadly, I passed that onto my son," he had a rough childhood and awkward teenager years. He couldn't remember having any good romances. Lucy? Well, she wasn't bad. But he felt bad when he thought of her.

He just played her, occasionally lashed out at her and basically chased her out of his life. "I'm not-- I'm not good with people. But, like I've always told you, I'm a great liar," And he could make people believe whatever he wanted them too. Like he was a charming man.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:23 pm

"I've had one truly bad experience relationship wise and that was when my wife passed away. I had trouble dating again then. It really is only the last year or two that I've tried. Turns oh I don't like to be alone." the Doctor admitted softly.

But enough with the forlorn talk. "I think we're slowing down." the Doctor mused lightly. Trains weren't too bad. Weren't nearly as fun as his bike, but then again, nothing really was.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:30 pm

"That's because we're about to go to the station. But we'll be back shortly anyway. I mean, all we have to do is pick up some forms," he could of taken the car but he wanted to take the train with the Doctor.

These forms would be filled in and once sent back, he'd get his grant and his telescope. It was all very confidential and the Master didn't trust the post. "I see you don't like trains as much as Koschei is, you're bouncing less," the Master observed with a small amused smile.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:35 pm

"I'm not a child and I don't know how to feel about it. It's fine. I prefer my motorcycle, personally. Just faster and a lot more adrenaline. But that's just me." the Doctor said simply as he shrugged.

The train slowly came to a halt and he got up, waiting for the Master to lead the way along. It only made sense. Even if it were a bit odd to be out and about like this in the middle of the day.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:39 pm

"It was a joke, mate. I knew you wouldn't really bounce," Definitely not a train person, the Master let it slid. It was his and Koschei's thing. they didn't have many friends or social skills but they did have this odd little hobby.

The Master shoved his hands into his pockets letting his hand hang loosely from his arm as he took the lead. He liked being out in the day, it was usually when he was stuck at work, being out was like freedom. "It's a ten minute walk, hope you don't mind."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:52 pm

"Not at all." the Doctor assured, smirking as he linked arms with the other. "You know? I have to admit this is nice." he murmured. What? They were technically out together and he was content. Who was he to complain?

"So. Another train ride and then dinner tonight. That seems pleasant enough." the Doctor mused in a conversational tone. Yup. No getting around it. They were going on a date.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:55 pm

They were linking arms? This was... different. Touchy. He didn't usually do touch unless he was showing off. But, he wasn't about to lose the game. Yes, he was making it a game. Even romance. He put on a smile and guided the Doctor along.

"Yes, dinner! At an unknown disclosed location of your choosing. Where you takin' me, rich boy?" the Master teased playfully. As much as he appreciated all the finical help, money didn't mean much to him. He just happened to find the Doctor intriguing.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:19 pm

"Out to eat. Don't worry. You'll be properly entertained. Not to mention that the place is entertaining." the Doctor mused. The restaurant was nice and everything was cooked to order at the tables.

He thought the man might be interested in that. Hopefully. Maybe no. The Doctor looked a bit unsure then, frowning. "Alright. They do table side service and cooking for you...If you want, we can go somewhere else." he offered, effectively ruining the surprise.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:08 pm

The Master had to laugh at that. Oh the Doctor was pathetic at this. "It's meant to be a surprise, you clod. But I don't mind. I can eat anywhere and everywhere. Don't worry so much."

The Doctor was always so worried over everything, he got himself into a giant mess over nothing. He had to wonder what had caused all of that. "In future, just keep it to yourself and if I don't like it, I can lie and you'll never know anyway."

((Sorry, fell asleep >.<))
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:46 pm

{It's fine. I had to go home and whatnot anyway.}

The Doctor cringed softly and nodded. "Sorry. I just...I worry. I obsess. It's what I do." he admitted. It was another things that managed to screw up a relationship or two. Because he would usually just annoy those around him.

Even if there happened to be a small percentage of the population to find it cute and/or endearing. That didn't mean that the Master wasn't a part of that particular percentage. Because the Doctor couldn't really help it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Worlds
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next