We Are All Mad Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are All Mad Here

n/a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imaginary Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:24 pm

"Simple. I go and she goes over my notes on the project. Then I give a number if she's interested and she counters usually, which I usually accept. I need another to push for me as I don't want to lose my associate." he said simply.

And that was all it was. He wanted some form of back up in all of this and nothing more. Because he couldn't do it on his own. Not without screwing something up.
Back to top Go down
https://weareallmadhere.forumotion.com
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:48 pm

"I'll have your back," the Master offered, smiling half-hearted. It wasn't his idea of a great evening but if someone ad to have the Doctors back and he rather it him than anyone else.

Smiling, he adjusted his short and followed along after the Doctor. "Do I get free food and drink?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:56 pm

"I'll take you out after meeting with her. I figure we can drop in on her office and call it good. I mean...I don't intend to stay long and I'd rather have you to myself over dinner." he admitted softly. And it was true.

He didn't like to share with people. Even in a friends with benefits setting. And especially not people. Perhaps that made him as bad as his past partners, but he couldn't be bothered by it.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

((Urgh, sorry, I fell asleep. I'm off to bed >.<))

"S'all right, really. We can meet these people and then bam, we're free and we can have some dinner, make the most of our last might," tomorrow he got his boy back and he couldn't of lasted this long if it weren't for the Doctor.

Grasping the mans hand in his own, he offered it a tight squeeze. "Thanks. Really, I needed someone this weekend and you always seem to be there for me whenever I need you."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:53 pm

"That's what friends are for. I'd be a rather lousy one if I wasn't actually there when you needed me." the Doctor said softly, smiling a bit. He couldn't complain. He'd done it without any intention for something to come out of it.

He was definitely a bit of a pushover where the other was involved. But no matter. He saw no reason to complain over it. "I'd like to hope that you'd be there for me if I need anything." the Doctor said softly.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 8:43 am

"Course though I might not help in the conventional sense," the Master remarked, Verica had learned that more than once when, instead of using his words or acting calmly, he smash up cards, ruin paint jobs and threaten people.

All because they tried to screw her out of money. He had a bad temper really but he had gotten good at hiding it, he never let it show to Koschei, only twice had he lost his temper properly with him. "Come on then, woah me with this meeting."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:41 pm

The Doctor for just smirked. "And? What fun is conventional and the like? Don't bore me. All that will do is make me lose interest. I want someone around that isn't entirely normal." the Doctor said simply, shrugging his shoulders a bit.

And really? That only made sense. Why would he want to be with somebody that was just like everybody else? Very few actually wanted that.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:09 pm

"Then we'll do just fine," the Master muttered as he followed along with a small sigh in his tone, smiling at the Doctor. He was happy when people wanted to be with him as him.

He supposed that was why he always struggled to meet people. When they finally got themselves to the restaurant, the Master had re-straightened up his shirt. "Ready?
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:03 pm

"Never. But we might as well get it done with." he murmured softly as they were taken to the proper table where a young woman with dark blond hair sat waiting. He didn't have a problem with all of this. "Hello, Emma." the Doctor offered as he sat.

"John. Must we go through the pleasantries every time?" she asked with a raised eyebrow, taking the file of papers the Doctor brought with him. It only made sense to get work out of the way quicker.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:18 pm

The Master dropped down beside the Doctor and smiled before dropping his head in his hand. The women looked at him but all he did was offered a rather cocky smirk in his direction.

"I would introduce myself but pleasantries aren't something you're fond of so we shall skip them. I'm just with him," the Master summed up with a quipped tone.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Emma just gave a tight smile and picked her way through the papers, absently making a few notes in her own notebook. Well. This would be simple enough. "What were you looking for the experiment, equipment, and legal rights?" she asked simply.

"Two hundred sound fair?" the Doctor offered with a small shrug. What? He never said that he was actually good at all of this. He usually just threw out a low range number and ran with it.

A number that still made her laugh softly. "How about seventy? Look. It's mostly the equipment that would run over. Equipment I know you can replace. But I'll be generous. I'll go up to a hundred for you." Emma said immediately, barely allowing the Doctor to finish his own statement.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:37 pm

"Seventy doesn't sound like two hundred, does it?" the Master cut in before she could say anything else over the other. Rolling his eyes, he put his finger to his lips and hushed her before turning back to the Doctor.

"Why two hundred John?" the Master prompted, wanting the man to explain his reasons and then the Master would find it much easier to argue on his behalf. He just wanted the Doctor to do most of this himself.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:44 pm

"Because the experiment itself, along with the supplies and specialized equipment, came to nearly three thousand to do. It's a product that is largely in demand and would be quick to earn back. Not to mention I had to do it twice after a certain incident." the Doctor said softly. "Two hundred woułd cover the licensing and shipping."

Rolling her eye, Emma gave a shake of her head. "Fine. I'll do one fifty. It's going to cost me to market this and mass produce it, John. You already came knowing you would lose over six grand. I didn't." she clipped.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:54 pm

"I agree, 200 won't work. We need much much more than that. Don't try to rip him off, not while I'm here," the Master said, shaking his head before smiling in amusement at this women.

"I think you could go much higher but if you really don't want to, I could find someone else. Quick night on google might get us a decent funding," the Master remarked, turning to the Doctor and shrugging. He really wasn't bluffing. "How much, at the very most, would we need and maybe we can bargain downwards? No lying now."
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:10 pm

"About four thousand to cover one experiment and generate a profit. Can't raise a price because a kid had an accident with some stray chemicals." the Doctor murmured dotty, frowning. He wasn't used to going with the maximum.

And Emma knew that. "There's no way that I'm paying you four grand for this. I'll meet you at the two hundred mark as my maximum and who did you say you were gain?" she asked pointedly, regarding the Master.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:22 pm

"I didn't. I'm Harold Saxon. You can call me Harry, Har, mister, sir. your lord and superior master. Doesn't matter, the fact is I'm smarter than you," the Master put bluntly before looking at the Doctor with an amused look. They didn't have to settle, no matter how much Koschei screwed them up.

"Four grand doesn't seem enough but we'll settle there," the Master suggested before crossing his hands and leaning back in the chair. "Does she always rip you off?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:40 pm

"I usually aim to cover the shipping and licensing fees. Hence why I asked you to join me. Because it doesn't seem right." the Doctor admitted softly. And it didn't. He just didn't fully understand that he was ripping himself off as well.

Scoffing, Emma frowned and shook her head curtly. "Like I said. I will go no higher than the two hundred. Don't like it? The. Get a new client. Just see how easy it is to get the price you're asking of me. Not everyone has the money to toss about." she snipped. Not to say she didn't have it. She just wasn't willing to lose it.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:51 pm

"Wrong! Actually people who have money usually realise that investing a worth amount will, in the long run, make them a worthy amount. Give me a week or most likely less and I'll get you a better person that this."

Rolling his eyes, he had to laugh at how stupid this is. "Doctor, I'm sorry but two hundred? That's practically robbery. Look, you can easily generate a high enough profit margin with a better business partner therefore everyone will benefit better but her. So shall we leave?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Funny? A bit. But he couldn't help it. The Doctor never claimed to be good with the business side of things. He worked in a lab. He didn't make a habit of running about doing market and sales tasks.

"We can. Sorry to have wasted your time. Both of you, actually. Emma." the Doctor murmured as he took the file back and stood. This was one of those moments that he knew couldn't end well in the long run.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:10 pm

The Master didn't care, he just wanted to screw this bitch over. No matter how things went, the Doctor would get a better deal elsewhere. There as no denying that.

"If you ever consider going up to four grand then call us," the Master offered, smirking obnoxiously before shoving his hands in his pocket and making a swift exit without prompting. the other could catch up.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:18 pm

The Doctor hesitated before he finally followed along, worrying his lower lip. And really? "I am sorry about that. I'm not the one who does business in my family." he admitted sheepishly as he got settled in his car.

And he really wasn't. "So. Do you want to do anything specific? Or should we just head back to the hotel?" the Doctor asked softly. He might as well find out.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:20 pm

"Doctor that was beyond ripping you off! You that-- that was insane. Okay? Right, let me handle this one," the Master asserted because he was obviously better at bartering and haggling prices.

"Want to go back to the hotel? Order room service and just hang out. I'm kind of shattered," they'd done a lot today, he kind of just anted to lie down and relax with the other man.
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:39 pm

"That sounds lovely and thank you. I did have a reason for asking you along. I need somebody better at business than I am.which doesn't happen often." he admitted as he started along to the hotel.

This wasn't the first time he'd brought anothe with. He'd never been good with this. It usually got worse when the Doctor tried working with another on the sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
spleenmonkie

spleenmonkie

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:51 pm

"We'll find someone else," the Master offered as he sat in the car and waited for the Doctor to take them back, he had no idea what to do with the Doctor tonight, he was happier to just lie down and use the laptop.

He did that sort of thing with Koschei too, he liked spending time with others but he also liked his alone time. He couldn't help it actually. "Any ideas for tonight?"
Back to top Go down
just a little mad
Admin
just a little mad

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:59 pm

"Whatever suits you. We are going home tomorrow morning. It's only fair that you get to enjoy the rest of your last day here." the Doctor said lightly.

And it wasn't as though he were all that picky. He would probably turn in an early night as it was. Which meant that the Doctor was really of no use in this department.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Worlds   Imaginary Worlds - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Worlds
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next